Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
emma224

y550 won't play downloaded games!

I've tried downloading a game from MSN games, The Sims2, and The Sims 3 and none of them will work on my laptop.  The screen goes black as if it is going to begin the game but then it shrinks itself down to the bottom of the screen and will not stay open.  Sometimes a notification will pop up in the bottom right corner saying that it is not the optimal resolution for the primary display device. When I go to check, it says that it is 1366 x 768. I try to click the notification for more infomation but nothing comes up. 

Help! Am I missing something? Is there somewhere I can go to change my settings or is it a computer glitch?

Fanfold Paper
krishnau

Re: y550 won't play downloaded games!

The issue seems to be with grafics.May be you need better grafics card for those games.

Paper Tape
emma224

If I'm not mistaken, the y550 that i bought is supposed to be for entertainment purposes including computer games so it should be working. The Sims 3 is a very widespread and reputable game that should work  i would think.  Also, i looked through old boards and someone had commented on playing the sims in their problem. It was a different sort of problem, however, they were able to play the game on their laptop.

Fanfold Paper
ItchyPillow

did you try updating the video drivers?

although some y550's do indeed come with decent video processors (the gt 240), some of them don't and only come with the run-off-the-mill 4500mhd. however, even the 4500mhd should be able to play the sims 3 albeit on very low settings.

Paper Tape
emma224

How would I go about trying to update the video drivers?

Community Moderator
yigit