Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
sKyZ
Accepted Solution

y560p dancing pixels?

[ Edited ]

I just finished installing Fedora 14 to my machine and after trying different operating systems [Win7, XP, Ubuntu, and Fedora], all with correct drivers installed [Ones off support.lenovo.com for Windows, Catalyst drivers from ATI for Linux] and still have the same issues after doing all updates/etc...

What could be causing the dancing pixels? It's really annoying, considering my laptop is only five days old.

How do I resolve this? I've seen people suggesting a BIOS update, any way to do this?

Blue Screen Again
pit_ns

Lenovo y560p dancing pixels again!!!

That is unbelievable !!! I got lenovo y560 and i got problems with dancing pixels which new bios solved and what ? I bought lenovo y560p and got that problem again and there is not any bios update available yet!!!. Im just devastated that lenovo did something like that twice. Im gonna try somehow to solve that issue, if i find no result im gonna return in and lose 5% of its price !!! But i will not send it to lenovo due to what they have done to my 560 last time and of course i dont want to wait 5 weeks for my laptop!!! unbelievable! unbelievable! unbelievable!

XBrav
Topics: 16
Kudos: 81
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 37

Re: Lenovo y560p dancing pixels again!!!

Have you updated the switchable graphics drivers yet? I found Lenovo provided an update last month to them.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
Blue Screen Again
pit_ns

[ Edited ]

You cannot switch graphics here!! You can use only ati and yes i have updated drivers from lenovo site without any result!!! Please tell me how something like that can happen again !? i would even pay 100$ more but please give me something with good screen....

Blue Screen Again
pit_ns

Maybe i will try to update bios using drivers for y560 ?
XBrav
Topics: 16
Kudos: 81
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 37

I would advise against that. Last thing you want is a bricked laptop if it isn't compatible.

Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
Fanfold Paper
hurr_pancakes

[ Edited ]

XBrav wrote:

Have you updated the switchable graphics drivers yet? I found Lenovo provided an update last month to them.

waitwaitwait

There are switchable graphics drivers? Can you show me? Because I'm looking at the driver page for the y560p, and the most recent graphics drivers were released in January

Punch Card
feddup

I thought there was no switchable graphics in the Y560P! If updated drivers would give Y560P owners that option it would be of great interest to many (me included). Link?

Community Moderator
yigit

Punch Card
feddup

The most recent drivers on that page are from 1/6/11 and are the ones already installed on my Y560P. I searched for switchable graphics options and found none. My Y560P also lacks the physical switch that my owner's manual mentions for "some models".