Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
gioellip

y570 freezes

HI everyone. I just got my Lenovo Y570 last Saturday. I asked my relatives from Singapore to buy it for me. I live in the Philippines. So I have a problem. a really big one. And I am kinda pissed off about it because I was so excited at getting this. When I first booted up, after about 10 minutes, it freezed. I cannot do anything about it. I cant use the touchpad or keyboard and the pointer freezes. It is a hard hang. All I can do is to press the power button for about 5 seconds for it to reboot. Ive been having problems for the first time I used this laptop. It always freezes. All I can do is to press the power button 5 second for it to work again. I havent installed anything. I dont know if it is a driver issue or not. What do you think? I really dont want  to send this back to Lenovo because I need this for college. Please help.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: y570 freezes

shut down your computer, press one key recover button ( the arrow sign one ) to perform clean windows installation. if it doesn't help, post back the results so we can suggest another solution(s).

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
gioellip

I already tried that and it didnt work. I set it up agan from the initial state but after it freezes up again. So I tried to update some of my drivers. When I updated my chipset driver, the freezing problem was gone for about 2 hours. And then it freezed again. Today, I installed some drivers like in my integrated graphics card. For about 2 hours again, it does not freeze. But just now, it freezes up again and again. All I can do is to do a hard reset. I do not know what to do next. Please help. I really dont want to send this to Lenovo back because I really need this for my studies. Im not sure if its the drivers or anything.

Community Moderator
yigit

try bios update. ( do not forget to restart your computer before flashing bios update )
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=867235

Paper Tape
gioellip

Hi. Thanks for answering. I really want to do that but I dont know how and Im afraid the motherboard would be fried. Is that necessary? I really dont know how. Im just a regular student who knows about the specs. I havent tried updating bios before. Would one key recovery work if the flashing is unsuccessful? I really dont want  to brick my laptop.

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

if you follow the instructions, i believe you'll be fine.
even if you burn your main-board, lenovo will replace it for free.

also, try remove/replace or swap the ram sticks. 

Punch Card
sle3pingz

Lenovo IdeaPad y570 (Hanging / Freeze)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I recently purchased an Lenovo IdeaPad y570 at Singapore, first day already encounter Hanging 5-10 Times, i bring the machine to Lenovo Service Center , and they do the full check and they can't do anything (Bad Service Center i ever had) , they give me diagnostic report, and said someone will call me to do Exchange 1 to 1 with my machine, but today i already must back to Indonesian, i don't know how the people who will do exchange 1 to 1 with me will contact me , can he/her contact my Indonesian Number or My Friends Number or Send Email to ********@yahoo.com (My E-Mail), i already call to Call Center (800-607-2047) From Singapore and give some detail , but  i afraid that detailed not enough or someone at here have Singapore Lenovo Call Center staff Name Rendy (E-Mail or YM) because i talk to his with indonesian and smooth, when i already back to Indonesian, i realized i can't call to Singapore Call Center , what should i do?
and when i can do exchange 1 to 1 , how many days?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad y570 (Hanging / Freeze)

please, check your pm.

Paper Tape
gioellip

update your bios to the latest. I bought mine in Singapore and got it in the Philippines. it always froze and I almost sent it back to Singapore. but the Lonovo Singapore customer care was the best. They had been patient and really asked me to update my bios. read the instructions though when flashing bios. I was afraid but they told me that they will replace my motherboard if it burned. But i successfully flashed it and no freezing ever since. update also your touchpad drivers after flashing bios.
Punch Card
sle3pingz

but lenovo service center can't do anything and give me the note to do exchange 1:1 with lenovo team , i don't know must wait how much days, and i can't call through to singapore lenovo call center from indonesia ...