Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad y570 (Hanging / Freeze)

What's DOS?
WildBill83

Re: y570 freezes

My Y570 has been freezing since day 1 as well. It will even freeze on youtube videos. I have an i7 with 8GB of ram, there is no reason for this thing to freeze the way it is.

Things I have tried with no success:

One Key Recovery

Update all drivers

Purchase a non-Lenovo Windows7 and install all updates and drivers again

Un-install Lenovo proprietary energy management

BIOS is already 2.06 version

I think there is something wrong with my PC beyond software...

Ctrl-Alt-Del
epuylon

I also have just noticed my y570 freezes randomly.

I have it plugged into the AC set at High performance. If I stop using the computer, no shut down, no hibernate, no sleep, just simply walked away for 5 - 20 minutes, when I return I get two of the following responses:

1. The screen has shut off, but the lights on the keyboard are still lit, the CPU fan is still running. However, the computer screen will not turn back on. I tried using the Fn+f2 feature, nothing worked. Had to do a hard shut down.

2. Sometimes, when I return, the screen is still on to whatever I was doing before I left...internet browsing, itunes, word doc. However, the computer is unresponsive. The mouse also has varying responses, sometimes it is frozen, sometimes it is not, however the symbol with the rotating circle (i think it means busy) on the mouse shows when I go to certain locations on the desktop.

I have attempted to update my BIOS, but my computer will not allow me to update the drivers because it is not newer than what I already have. In addition, i have updated the synaptec drivers for the mouse. That worked fine. I also deactivated the hybrid sleep feature. But I still get these random freezes.

Help?

thanks 

Fanfold Paper
disket

This is exactly what I am experiencing on my Y570 since I got it 1 month ago. Tried updating everything and even did OKR 3-4 times but they still reoccur. Super annoying and yet, there is no solution!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
rob888

My new z560 freezes, have made some guesses see post

z560 bios no ec update, but still no solution.

Lenovo should look into these freezing laptops.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@disket,

Can you try doing a memtest or remove 1 of the RAM and see if the freezing still occur?

@rob888,

Appreciate if you can create a thread on the Z560 since this thread is only discussing on the Y570.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
disket

[ Edited ]

@JameZ, did memtest for 9 hours last night. Woke up to an error.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/capturega.png/

Please check my problem thread as well: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Y570-Various-problems/td-p/627709

Thanks.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@disket,

Contact support and get the laptop sent in.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3