Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
sle3pingz

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad y570 (Hanging / Freeze)

i bought at singapore too, i don't know how to update BIOS , i was afraid , what do you mean by flashing bios , i don't understand update drivers after flashing bios...

Punch Card
sle3pingz

Description

Lenovo strongly suggests rebooting the system before applying the BIOS update.

Please upgrade BIOS to 47CN25WW/2.03 or higher version and Touchpad driver to 15.2.16.3 or higher version together.

Please pay attention: Turn off the wireless hardware switch before updating BIOS

• How to Turn off the wireless hardware switch before updating BIOS ?
Punch Card
sle3pingz

[ Edited ]

right click and select "run as admin" for the winplash.exe and wait till it's completed ?
you guide same with use cmd guide ?

Installing the package in Windows Windows 7 & Vista
======================
1. Close all open applications.
2. Click 'Start' -> 'All Programs' -> 'Accesories'.
3. Right click 'Command Prompt', select 'Run as administrator'.
If the User Access Control (UAC) dialog box pops up, select Allow.
4. Type "cd C:\LENOVOTOOLS\FLASH\47CN25WW(V2.03)\" and press Enter
5. Type "FLASH.CMD" and press Enter.
6. Two windows will pop up, with the upper window showing the update process.
7. When the update is finished, the upper window will show the message "<Press Any Key...>"
8. Click any key Restart your system so that the changes will take effect.

@yigit / gioellip : what do you mean by successfully flashed it and update also your touchpad drivers after flashing bios, and take how much time to update BIOS?

i want to ask something , even my notebook didin't have any problem can i update BIOS , and if i update BIOS correctly, will occured problem at my notebook ? (Lenovo Y570)

Please Reply ASAP ! Thx :smileywink:

Punch Card
sle3pingz

yigit can you give me step" update BIOS Lenovo Y570 , i afraid updating BIOS

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_4874.html
this is for update my BIOS , can you read the Y570 47CN25WW(V2.03).txt (Extract & Installation / Update right?) it's same with you guide?
the 1st day got notebook already must update BIOS yourself ,  what was that Lenovo ?
it's make me confuse have 2 guide ...

can you help me step by step , it's sure can be successfully ?
i try it myself with write at here, pls reply this ASAP...

1. Download 47CN25WW(V2.03).zip
2. Restart the notebook
3. right click the file and run it, (must run as administrator?) it will extract some files to c:\bios?
4. right click and select "run as admin" for the winplash.exe and wait till it's completed ? (where i can find the winplash.exe ?)

or i must follow step from Y570 47CN25WW(V2.03).txt ???

Downloading the package
=======================
1. Click the file link to download the file from the web page.
2. When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
3. Restart the Notebook / Laptop 
Installing the package in Windows. ====================== Extracting the package ====================== 1. Locate the file 47CN25WW(V2.03).exe you just downloaded. 2. Double-click the 47CN25WW(V2.03).exe icon. 3. Read the license agreement 4. Click "I accept the terms in the license agreement". 5. Click Next. 6. Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\LENOVOTOOLS\FLASH\47CN25WW(V2.03). 7. Click Next. 8. Click Finish. Installing the package in Windows Windows 7 & Vista ====================== 1. Close all open applications. 2. Click 'Start' -> 'All Programs' -> 'Accesories'. 3. Right click 'Command Prompt', select 'Run as administrator'. If the User Access Control (UAC) dialog box pops up, select Allow. 4. Type "cd C:\LENOVOTOOLS\FLASH\47CN25WW(V2.03)\" and press Enter 5. Type "FLASH.CMD" and press Enter. 6. Two windows will pop up, with the upper window showing the update process. 7. When the update is finished, the upper window will show the message "<Press Any Key...>" 8. Click any key Restart your system so that the changes will take effect.

Please Reply ASAP yigit/gioellip , i need your help!

Punch Card
sle3pingz

[ Edited ]

and 1 thing again , it's zip file how did you right click and run can do extract? it's not an .exe file , lenovo guide also use .exe , it's make me confuse...

first time i download from lenovo drivers is 47CN25WW(V2.03).zip it's not an exe file, 1st step is extract that .zip file right? and after that , right click the SPI3.exe ? it will extract some files to c:\bios?
you mean by right click the file and run it is SPI3.exe? it will extract some files to c:\bios?

please respond my post...

Punch Card
sle3pingz

[ Edited ]

Sorry if i ask to much, but i really need all of you help, pls help me, where i can locate the file 47CN25WW(V2.03).exe you just download, i can't locate it, because the file only can download is 47CN25WW(V2.03).zip not 47CN25WW(V2.03).exe , please tell me how i can find file 47CN25WW(V2.03).exe . . yigit please reply ASAP, or leave you YM / Contact Number...

you mean right click and run it, is .exe from WIN_FLASH Folder? IQY0203AX64.exe ?

Punch Card
sle3pingz

Community Moderator
yigit

is it possible you to ship your laptop back to service?

check this file. it contains instructions.  

http://consumerdl.lenovo.cdn20.com/UserFiles/Driver/en/Downloads%20and%20Drivers/Y470Y570/BIOS/Y570%... 

lenovo strongly suggests rebooting the system before applying the bios update.
please upgrade bios to 47cn25ww/2.03 or higher version and touchpad driver to 15.2.16.3 or higher version together. 

please pay attention: turn off the wireless hardware switch before updating bios. 

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
sle3pingz

i already read the ReadMe instuction , but i didn't find any 47CN25WW(V2.03).exe ?

you mean is WIN_FLASH\BIOS+EC\64-Bit\IQY0203AX64.exe ?

if i follow this http://ideapad.zol.com.cn/55/160_541123.html

can ? and i want to ask 1 more ,
please pay attention: turn off the wireless hardware switch before updating bios.  (How turn off the wireless hardware switch?) i new with lenovo product, new with Lenovo Y570

Community Moderator
yigit

the switch is probably front side of your computer. you can check your manual to locate it.

forget about the link you posted. follow the instructions from lenovo.

i've just downloaded the bios file and it seems there's something wrong with it. just do not flash bios update. i'll contact lenovo staff. 

http://www.ki-themes.com