Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
zitnikp

Betreff: y570 issue

Laptops are really sensitive about the enviroment temperature(the lower the better) but as you said, y570 are known to heat up pretty good with stock thermal paste. Anyways, if you use a can of compressed air to clean the fan, just make sure that you hold the fan with the other hand so it doesn't rotate when you blow air onto it. And don't spray the air from too close so that no "wing" of the fan will blow off or anything.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
muliphen

[ Edited ]

okay, tomorrow ill give it a try .. lets see how much it will change - thx for ur help anyways.

btw. the environment temperatur isnt very high - id say about 20 degrees, dont think that this is a problem.

regards!

Token Ring
zitnikp

20 degrees is pretty much ok. About the same as here, but my gpu never goes above 80(I saw it at 80° only once since i've owned it) and cpu never went above 90°C.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
muliphen

[ Edited ]

hmm .. the results are as bad as expected, though i can play now bf3 without any lags.my idle temperatures stayed constant, but  i think they are pretty normal (gpu=48° -  cpu=50°) ...

the temperatures while playing are also just a little bit lower ( the gpu stayed on 88° - the cpu now has 93,95, before there was 95,98 - this is the temperatur, when throttling begins, i guess)

so i could play battlefield for like an hour, then the fps dropped from 55 to 30 for 5 seconds (normally i have 15 fps with throttled cpu)- didnt play any longer.

now the only 2 options are probably too much/less thermal paste ( or w/e the proper name for this it) or software problems (old drivers, bios, etc.)

for lenovo energy managment i have version 6.0 (should be the latest) and bios i actually dont know where to search.

however i bought it at christmas and the newest version on the lenovo website is from 2011. http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ge/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=867235

sth. i just bear in mind is that the problems started after i reinstalled windows (i had problems with the ssd) with the onekey rescue system.

could it be possible that the saved windows (for one key system) has an other version than that windows which is preinstalled?

anyways, for the 2nd option i could show u the pictures i made ... for my nooby eye it is okay :smileywink:

tho its just a 5mp-camera u can see the important stuff i hope

Link to picture

BILD0627.JPG

BILD0628.JPG

BILD0629.JPG

regards!

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Token Ring
zitnikp

Reply: y570 issue

The fan seems seems pretty much clean to me..So the only actual hardware problem I see possible, is the thermal paste. If you don't want to void the warranty, you should find some lenovo repair depot/service and give them a call to see if they can change the thermal paste on your pc because it overheats. Changing thermal paste on your own is risky business as it probably voids warranty and if you're not that much into hardware, you might get into some trouble if the paste is too conductive and comes in touch with some components on the CPU or GPU or anything electrical surrounding those.

On the software side, I have only noticed that I never get stuttering on 301.24 beta drivers for nvidia. Didn't even bother updating anything else as it works fine in my laptop. Oh and the temperatures can be lowered by disabling the turbo boost with "Throttlestop". It's a neat program which allows you to do so. But that means sacrifying a bit of performance for lower temperatures.

If turbo is disabled, then the cpu doesn't heat up that much. That is pretty useful because gpu and cpu are together on the same copper heatpipe and that means that the CPU cannot heat that copper up so therefore the GPU won't heat up as much as it used to.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
muliphen

Betreff: Reply: y570 issue

i downloaded the 301.24 beta drivers as soon as they came out - this lowered the temperature from 98(!!) to 89°.

that means that i have only problems with the cpu temperatures at all.

whats about cpu-drivers?

might this change anything?

and throttlestop i also tried  - the laptop overheats a while later, but it still overheats.

the last software thing is installing bios, maybe it would help something.

the problems i have with sending it back to lenovo are just, that this will mean that i probably "loose" my laptop for 2-3 weeks.

do u mean with lenovo repair depot, that there are local shops which can repair it for free? (cos warranty)

just thought cos lenovo is an chinese brand i just can send it back - probably with a slow support

(just had good experiences with the amazonsupport)

and no im not so much into hardware - so doing it by myself isnt an option.

regards!

Token Ring
zitnikp

Hah no don't send it to china. I thought you might misunderstand me(I get confused easily and then can't express anything correctly.). Anyhow, for an example, I took my y570 to a store where I bought it, and they gave me an address for some repair depot that has the lenovo certified servicers. They changed the thermal paste for me on one of my 3 y570's. That's the only way how you can change thermal paste and still keep the warranty :smileyhappy:

Ctrl-Alt-Del
muliphen

i also dont meant to send it back to china .. just most of the time the chinese brands has no local repairshops,w/e ...

i bought it in the internet .. seems like the only way is to ask there, but probably i have to send it back ...

its just wierd, cos i can use my laptop nearly for everything, but this high temperatures :/ 

tho thx for ur help

rly appreciate this.

regards!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
muliphen

okay now i have spoken with the lenovo support.
they are very friendly and competent and for all guys who are afraid of opening their laptop:
IT IS ALLOWED.

regards!