Dolby Audio driver cannot start after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎11-26-2013 by
Modified ‎12-02-2013 by
(14,709 Views)

Dolby Audio driver cannot start after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Question

After a recent  update to Windows 8.1, I restarted my system and I get this message:

Dolby error.JPG

I can't find any reference to Dolby Theater or Audio in any app or Device management.

Answer

The following proceedure has been reported to be successful by many members in the Lenovo community.  

It is possible that Windows is installing an alternate driver as part of the 8.1 update process.  Restoring the original Lenovo driver may resolve the issue.

1. Unistall the Conexant Audio Driver (from device manager).

•     Open Device Manager 
  •     Uninstall the Audio Device Under Audio inputs and outputs
  •     Then proceed to Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall a Program
  •     Uninstall all Dolby Related programs
  •     Restart if Prompted

2. Reinstall it from the drivers partition (d:\drivers\audio).

3. Install the Dolby Home Theater software (d:\drivers\audio\DolbyGUI)

Depending upon individual system configurations that can vary by model, the drivers may be stored on C, D, E or other drive letter.  View another related discussion on this issue here - the solutions are all variations of uninstalling the drivers Windows installed and then either locating othe original drivers on one of the drive partitions, and reinstalling from there or downloading and installing the drivers from the lenovo support site.

Comments
by mansoum on ‎04-02-2014 03:34 PM

Hello

IdeaPad U330 Touch

With reference to the problems relating to Windows 8.1 upgrade and Dolby Home Theater application. I too have the same issue, all was working fine untill the upgrade and now Dolby is not responsive. My problem here is I can't find any copy of Dolby on the D: drive, I tried searching every where but to no avail.  I am stuck and would apperciate any help on this matter.

When I purchased this notebook I remembered it did not have any software in partition d:, is there any where were I can download all these missing apps and drivers?  

Thanks and regards

Mansoum

by jocablues on ‎07-01-2014 09:19 PM

the auto conexante really works ..in 10 minutes im back to the movies ,,,grat

by VR_comp on ‎07-25-2014 05:31 PM

None of this works for me - I do have Windows 7, but still having the same prob. My main issue is that in Device Manager, i do not have Audio Device Under Audio inputs and outputs; i have nothing that even has Audio in the name - the closest is the Speakers, Games, etc. Also, when i go to drivers, i do not have the Audio folder. What has gone wrong here?!?!? PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! Thank you!

PS - my Windows media player doesn't work either - if that helps - but WMP will play midi files - wierd...

by Administrator ‎08-13-2014 08:35 AM - edited ‎08-13-2014 08:38 AM

All,

Comments on this article span different OS versions.  This article is specifically about errors that occur after upgrading to Win 8.1 from Windows 8.

The drivers on the system may be downlevel, so restoring from D: or other locations may work in many cases, but if not, we recommend getting the latest drivers from the Lenovo support site for your particular OS as they should be more up to date than what may have shipped with your systems.

Please visit support.lenovo.com

by alexarc on ‎09-20-2014 08:42 AM

this is not working on my G580 notebook with windows 8.1.. pls reply to solve this issue