Do you mean 

How to disable pop up messages from Idea Notes

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎03-18-2011 by
Modified ‎09-27-2012 by
(9,657 Views)

How to disable pop up messages from Idea Notes

Many IdeaPad, IdeaCentre and Essential series systems ship with the Idea Notes application enabled.  Idea Notes provides a way for a variety of messages to be sent to customer systems to advise them of updates, special offers, and other news.

Here is an example of an Idea Notes message:

IdeaNotes.png

Some users may wish to disable this feature and it is easy to do:

1.  Click to open the Windows start menu in the lower left corner of your screen
  2.  Select "All Programs"
  3.  Select "Idea Notes"
  4.  Select  Enable / Disable
  5.  A dialog box will open.  Select the "disable" notifications radio button
  6.  Select "OK" to close the box

OR follow the step below as the application name changed. 

1.  Run Lenovo Central: "C:\Program Files\DDNI\Lenovo Central\BIN\Lenovo Central.exe"

2. Click the Account Info button, on the top

3. Uncheck: "Enable delivery of Lenovo Idea Notes Messages

No further pop up messages should be presented.   

Comments
by xtalankh on ‎07-02-2011 03:56 PM

I do not have the option "idea notes" so what other step can I take?  These pop ups are not only distracting but interfering with my work.  My pop up is "computers for dummies" (which I will never purchase because of this pop-up).  I feel totally raped when it keeps popping up.  Please send help soon!

by USBrelic ‎02-17-2012 09:20 AM - edited ‎02-17-2012 09:23 AM

Please see the following link for an answer:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Idea-Notes/td-p/331317

FYI: I have noticed that Lenovo keeps changing the name of the application, that allows you to disable these invasive pop-up advertisements. Maybe its Lenovo's way of keeping their advertising, persistent. I don't know the name of the previous application to disable this pop-up advertisement, but it had something to do with Lenovo message center, now its in Lenovo Central, maybe in a month or two, they wont give you the option to disable it.

Rant:

Lenovo calls these things "messages," while I would think 99% of the internet community would call them "advertisements," is it just me?

-Wilson

usbrelic.com

Contributors