Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Z560: Battery 80% Available (Plugged In, Not Charging) - Energy Management Feature

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎11-01-2010 by
Modified ‎11-06-2014 by
(33,866 Views)

Z560: Battery 80% Available (Plugged In, Not Charging) - Energy Management Feature

Question

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z560 Laptop. When I charge the battery on my laptop, it only charges up to 80%.

If I move the cursor over the battery icon, I found "80% available (Plugged In, Not Charging)".

Why doesn't it charge to 100%?

Answer

The Z560's Lenovo Energy Management Program in Windows 7 allows users to select charging to 100% to maximize battery RUN TIME, or charging to 80% to maximize LIFETIME of the battery.  

If set to 80%, the "80% available (plugged in, not charging)" message will be displayed. This can be changed back to 100% at any time.

In other words, choose LIFETIME if you would like to charge up to only 80%. Choose RUN TIME if you would like to make it 100%.

The setting change can be done in Lenovo Energy Management.

The illustration below might be different from other Lenovo Energy Management software but will work the same way.

1. Move your mouse cursor to the bottom right of your Windows task bar and look for Lenovo Energy Management software.

2. Look for the battery setting as circled in red below.

3. Choose the Optimize for Battery Runtime in choose a battery that charges fully but may affect battery lifespan.