Support in other languages: 

When should I use the ISO HDD firmware update program when upgrading my Z60m hard drive?

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎01-30-2012 by
Modified ‎01-30-2012 by
(433 Views)

When should I use the ISO HDD firmware update program when upgrading my Z60m hard drive?

Question

I intend to upgrade the hard drive in my z60m and have created the ISO disk for checking for HDD firmware updates. I also checked on my current drive that it works.

I intend to install Windows on the new hard drive using the restore disks, after which I will manually install updates for all the drivers and also all the files I use routinely.

My question is,  at what point should I use the ISO HDD firmware update program? I was thinking to install the new hard drive and then run the firmware update software before installing the OS from the restore disks. Is this right, or should I run the HDD firmare update after I've installed the factory image onto the new hard drive?

Answer

Updating of firmware can be done at any time from a bootable CD before installation of the OS. You can also choose to update it at any time after installations. There isn't much difference.