Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Skippy

Cardreader

Does anyone know if the built in cardreader in the Z61m will read the SDHC format.  I know it will read the SD card format.  I am looking at a camera that uses the SDHC format, and don't want any compatablility surpises.  My model # is 9453E9U if that helps any.  If it does not read the SDHC format, is there a software update available, or in the works that will make the reader compatable with the SDHC format.

Thanks for your imput,
Skippy
Paper Tape
rkg2000

Re: Cardreader

Hi.  I just came across the same problem with my Z60t.  There is a Windows XP hotfix to take care of this.  Go to the Microsoft knowledgebase and search on SDHC Hotfix XP.  I installed KB934428 today and was finally able to read my 4GB SDHC card.
Serial Port
Skippy

I found the same fix the day after I posted the request.  I have not had a chance to try it out though.  The hotfix does work then?

Skippy
What's DOS?
anks329

Did the Hotfix, are you able to read SDHC cards now?
Bit Torrent
wjli2

certain brands of SDHC are not compatible with the cardreaders used by Lenovo/IBM thinkpads... A-data don't work.... but apparently Sandisks works well.... so before you buy a SDHC you should also consider the brand....