Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: Flashing orange battery light while charge indicates 100%?

[ Edited ]

pideja wrote:

So, what should I do? Buy a new battery? Why does a complete discharge cause the battery to fail? Or is it the battery?

The battery recall is over for quite a while now. There is no option other than to get a new battery. Lithium Ion battery should never be completely discharged especially an old battery. Lenovo thinkvantage software usually sets the laptop to shutdown at 5% charge level. 

You could get a Boston Power Battery for around 70 USD, it has 3 years warranty. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
pideja

Thanks for this information. I was not aware of this full discharge peril. Anyway, do Boston Power sell retail? I've been to their site, it's impressive, but could not find a retail link to purchase batteries.

lead_org

have a read of this thread.

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81968

Boston Power only offers the battery cell, there are different manufacturers whom produce the actual batteries. Yes HP, ASUS, Apple have transitioned to this technology, i think Lenovo should do it too. 

I borrowed one from a friend, and it is quite impressive. 3 years warranty also offers you some quality guarantee. 

Regards,

Jin Li

Paper Tape
Garik

Thanks for the information. Regrettably, none of the links offered have batteries for the Z61m. So, I baught a new battery from eBay. Hope it fixes my problem.
Paper Tape
pideja

I did the same...

Paper Tape
kelley005

pideja:  seems getting another battery solves the problem.  I exchanged the faulty battery for another one, and the new battery charged up and works fine.  Funny thing is, I had to swap out 3 batteries before I found a battery that worked.  Which is why I thought it was a laptop problem, not a battery problem.  Weird.

Paper Tape
kelley005

Re: no battery power

I swapped out the battery AGAIN for the 3rd time, and the battery works fine now.

Guess it was the battery.
Paper Tape
tomkrishan

Re: no battery power

kelley005 wrote:
I swapped out the battery AGAIN for the 3rd time, and the battery works fine now.

Guess it was the battery.
could you please name the specific battery model and part no?
thanks a lot in advance!

Paper Tape
ghhsxc

I have the same issue on my T60P. I tried calling lenovo and got connected to the ATL branch. I was connected to a rep that sounded like he was slow. :smileysad: any ways he told me sorry my computer was out of waranty and that he woudl not be able to speak with me at all and was disconnecting the call. What poor customer service!

lead_org

[ Edited ]

ghhsxc wrote:

I have the same issue on my T60P. I tried calling lenovo and got connected to the ATL branch. I was connected to a rep that sounded like he was slow. :smileysad: any ways he told me sorry my computer was out of waranty and that he woudl not be able to speak with me at all and was disconnecting the call. What poor customer service!

Lenovo service can't do much for you, T60p is already >3 years old. Battery warranty only lasts 1 year, and any battery recall would only add extra 6 to 12 months warranty.

Flashing orange battery means the battery charge level is below 5 per cent or so, if it is constantly flashing then it would mean there is a battery error.

If you don't to buy the Lenovo OEM batteries, then the best thing to do is to get those Boston Power batteries, they have 3 years warranty and only costs around 70 USD. 

Regards,

Jin Li