Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
bowie

z60m not charging

battery indicator always flashing orange.  while i connect ac adaptor to power source there is a message "plugged in,not charging".

how to solve this problem?

thx  

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

Re: z60m not charging

Bowie,

Please see my last post on this thread....

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
zengrits

Re: z60m not charging

Mark, thanks for your response. I snapped my old battery back together and ran the software. Sadly, I did not qualify for a new battery. But I'm hopeful the new seven-cell Lenovo battery I've ordered will work.

Meantime, how do I stop these nag messages saying "Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached?" This shows up in the little envelope for the message center. I thought I turned it off in preferences by telling message center not to start with Windows and unchecking "get support for my computer."

I had 31 of those messages and just got another after a reboot.

Thanks again for your expert help.

stc
Paper Tape
stc

Re: Flashing orange battery light while charge indicates 100%?

Hi

I've got a couple of laptops that seem to be having this same issue. I visited the service page and downloaded the battery verification tool.

Ive successfully been able to request replacements and am wondering how long does the process usually take for them to arrive as its been just over a week.

I've tried emailing the address on the service page, but have yet to reply.

Paper Tape
zengrits

New battery solved my flashing light problem. I purchased it from Lenovo. Didn't qualify for a free replacement. Believe it took three weeks to a month to get the new battery.
stc
Paper Tape
stc

Batteries came in the other day, which has fixed the problem.

Bit Torrent
wjli2

was your faulty battery a Sanyo???
What's DOS?
ryantm

zengrits: how did you take apart the battery?
stc
Paper Tape
stc

The battery replacement program has been great and has helped us fix our battery issues.

We have 38 z61m's here, and so far we've had 8 or so battery failures. Now the +6 months after battery warranty period has just expired for us and we've just had another failure and kind of expecting more to happen.

From reading the website it seems says that "only a small percentage" will be affected and that it was a possible defect in the battery. Is there a way we can get these replaced at all under warranty still or do we now need to go out and purchase new battery units?

Thanks

What's DOS?
NeutronFish

I have a Lenovo X60 Tablet, Battery model 42T5251, unfortunately my warranty including the +6 months recently expired.  I contacted the email address for the replacement program, and got this response:

'The factory warranty for a ThinkPad battery is 12- months and does not upgrade with the purchase of the extended warranty.
The factory warranty and the extended warranty provided by the Special Service Program has expired.'

I then tried to negotiate a discount as this is obviously a manufacturing malfunction.  I asked for (as a minimum) a eCoupon discount, their reply follows:

'Unfortunately PE Logistics does not have a coupon to offer to you.'

I do not think that my requests were absurd and I thought I was being quite practical.  This battery situation is clearly unacceptable and unethical.  Why can't Lenovo and/or the battery manufacturer admit the error...  so what do I do from here?  I don't have the time to organize a class action for a $179 battery.  I find it highly interesting that the 'most popular' items at the Lenovo online store are batteries!  I know this because I was just forced to buy a new battery.

Does anyone know the true root cause of the battery fault?  Is it this 'fuse' or something else?  If it is the 'fuse', how can I diagnose the 'fuse' and how does one replace?  If it is something more fundamental... well maybe someone should set up a website for people to register and a class action can be formed against Lenovo and Sanyo!  (but I would guess that they are betting on the fact that most people are in my situation and do not have the time and can not be bothered to organize.)

After re-reading the above comments... it is clear that my new paperweight has made me most upset!