Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
mieses

Re: Flashing orange battery light while charge indicates 100%?

The Sanyo battery on my T61P suddenly failed 2 weeks after the warranty expired.  I had purchased a 3 year warranty not knowing that the battery warranty is always 12 months.  The battery was working perfectly and holding charge almost like it was new.  Then it suddenly dies.

Does anyone know the technical problem causing the battery to fail?  Could it be reset back into a working state?  Is this the side effect of some marketing-driven "genuine Lenovo" battery detection feature?

Anyways,  there is an obvious defect in the batteries or in the charging system.  It might be good to set up a website to see how many people have experienced this issue.

What's DOS?
andrewlevitt257

My T61P also just lost the battery that way: one day I had 2hr charge, the next I've got a flashing battery light and the unit goes off if I unplug it, even though the battery shows full 52wh charge.

What's DOS?
wangj

I recently encountered the same problem with my T61 battery. This happened when trying to perform a 'battery reset' -- the laptop suddenly powered off, and the battery light started blinking orange. The battery now shows 100% charge but won't power the laptop. I suspect that this is the 'blown fuse' problem mentioned earlier in the thread.

It seems to be a Sanyo battery. The FRU is 42T5229, which is not covered by the current recall. If anyone could help out, that would be great.

What's DOS?
ijones

[ Edited ]

I am having exactly the same problem, also with a T61 - my battery was working fine until about a year and 2 weeks after I bought the laptop, then I updated the BIOS and the battery stretch claimed that it was working, but would turn the computer off when the battery had an hour of charge left. This lasted about 2 weeks, then the computer just wouldn't turn on without AC power at all, and when plugged in said that the battery had 0% charge. It now tells me that it has 14% (it has been steadily increasing) but when I unplug the cable it turns off instantly and I am told "An error has occurred. The battery cannot be charged. Replace the battery."

The FRU is 42W7876 - also not covered by the recall as in the message above.

On a computer that I paid a premium for because of its robustness and it's reliability - no thank you!! The help FAQs suggest a battery service but not specifically for that problem - anyone any ideas please?

What's DOS?
xngexeva

I am having a same problem as Zengrits. My battery status tells me it is "68% available (plugged in, not charging)" even though the AC adapter is plugged in. My battery is not eligible for replacement.

What should I do?

Paper Tape
frankwon

Zengrits, seems that u know how to fix it physically, would u mind explain it clearer?? plx

Blue Screen Again
uflash

Hi,

I own a R61 with the same issue. Battery die for no apparent reason after working with no problems. There is a similar discussion on multiple forums of people that dont qualify for the recall but the failure mode is the same! Go figures! and LENOVO is doing .... about it so far.

They are sending a clear message that they dont give a ...about home users! I dont see any company complaining on the forums.

good luck...

What's DOS?
Beci2324

Not sure if this will help or not, but the new battery I got was flashing the orange LED light, even after having it plugged in all night charging.  I got a message that popped up this morning that said the battery had been fully discharged, and now could be fully recharged.  I restarted and it seems to be charging normally now.

Paper Tape
ManPad

[ Edited ]

don't Know

Paper Tape
Aiuspaktyn

Can this solution works for blinking charging led issue?