Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Janset

Replacing CMOS battery on T21 notebook-anything that I should know?

Hi all.

New to this forum so I hope I do things as expected  :smileyhappy:

I must admit that I am finding it harder to find relevant material on this site as opposed to when it was the IBM site. I guess that the dating of my T21 does not help either.

My poor old T21 needs to have the backup battery (CMOS) replaced but before I do that is there anything that I need to be aware of, like precautions to take before I unplug it and/or anything that I need to do after I plug the new battery in? 

Any advice appreciated.

Regards Janset

Retired Moderator
tfflivemb2

Re: Replacing CMOS battery on T21 notebook-anything that I should know?

Its probably a little late to reply now, but using a small precision screwdriver to help you guide the plug end of the CMOS connector back in, might be helpful.  It can be a bear to get it back in, the first few times that you try...
T61,T42(x2)T41,T40(x2),R40,T30(x2),T23(x3),T21,T20,X20,A31,A21M,600/E/X(multiples of each),770X,i1400(x2),760XL,760ED(x2 w/base),380XD,755CD,750P,360P,365X,560X,701C/CS,730T,PS/Note
Paper Tape
Janset

Re: Replacing CMOS battery on T21 notebook-anything that I should know?

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. As it was it was not too late, I only received my new battery from the US today (ex eBay)

And you are right, that small screw driver is a definate must for the installation. IBM really did not think it through when they engineered the installation of the backup battery did they?

If they go to all that bother to make a capture device to hold the backup battery, why did they not incorporate the connector into that same capture device so as to facilitate things? 

Anyway it is now done (after about 20 minutes of fiddling about) by this geriatric.  :smileyhappy:

Regards