Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
furyan

Restoring from R&R question.

Hello all

I'm replacing the hard drives in a Z60m and T60. The new hard drives have arrived and I'm itching to upgrade.

From previous help I have had from this site I decided to simply restore the current hard drive images to the new ones using Rescue and Recovery.

The questions I have are as follows.

Can I simply put the current hard drive in a external case and then boot from it as a USB HDD and run Rescue and Recovery to restore the image to the new hard drive?

If not, can I use either a bootable USB hard drive OR bootable flash drive containing a backup to restore the image to the new hard drive.

If it has to be a USB hard drive, once I've made it bootable will I still be able to drag and drop fiiles and folders, that I want to save, into to it as I am used to doing?

Oh and one more thing. The new hard drives do not have a tag for pulling them out of the hard drive bay. Anyone got any ideas what I could use to make a suitable tag to make removal easier if necessary at a later date?

I hope that makes sense. Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Thank you.

Fanfold Paper
furyan

Re: Restoring from R&R question.

Hello

In case anyone else knows as little about these things as I do and happens upon this post.

I have now answered two of these questions for my self. Firstly, the transfer rate of a flash drive is too slow for a full system restore. Secondly, the tag on the hard drive is, in fact,