Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
CM40484
Accepted Solution

ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows XP on G41

I am using a G41 2886-5TU and I really messed it up.  I was cleaning my registry and it is a mess.  I lost all the network connections and they are not recoverable.  I reinstalled the wireless and ethernet software.  Device manager reports the wireless card and the Ethernet are functioning.  But I cannot connect to anything as both the connection utilities - windows and IBM are corrupted. 

I d/l the 83cx71ww.exe and followed all the instructions.  I reinstalled sp3, hotkey upgrade, NET 4, power management upgrade before installing the access connection.  Now when I boot the message I get is that ThinkVantage Access Connections will not run on this system.

Is there somewhere I can d/l the original files that came with this laptop for connections, wireless card and Ethernet card?  All the new stuff just will not work.

Thanks

Carl

Guru
Mornsgrans

Betreff: ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows XP on G41

[ Edited ]

Do you have installed the right WLAN-driver. If i'm right, it is this one.

Did you update/install all needed drivers for Access Connections mentioned on the download-page?

Try to use Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 instead of 4.0.

You'll first shout get WLAN to work, before you install Access Connections.

Cleaning the registry can be very dangerous to the stability of the Windows..

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Punch Card
CM40484

Re: ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows XP on G41

Well, this is a moot point now.  Windows was just too corrupted by me and required a reinstall.  I just did it in.

Thanks for looking all.

Carl