Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
ibanez270dx

Z60T video controller for Windows 7

Hey guys,

I just got my hands on a Z60T (type 2511), upgraded the RAM, and put on Windows 7 Enterprise. Everything is working great, with the exception of the Video Controller. I tried to download and install the drivers from the IBM/Lenovo Support site, but they do not work and tell me that it can't find the applicable hardware or I'm using the wrong operating system. I really like this laptop and I want to use it, so is there a video driver available for Windows 7 on this particular model?

Thanks,

- Jeff

ajkula66
Kudos: 696
Solutions: 732

Re: Z60T video controller for Windows 7

What's the full 7-character model number of your Z60T, 2511-???

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T410, W510

Backups: T60, T61p, R500F

For sale: T60 (15" SXGA+ IPS), T61p (14" SXGA+ & 15.4" WUXGA),

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p, X24

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
Punch Card
syamkumartpl

Re: Z60T video controller for Windows

I am also having the same problem with video contorller in windows 7

My machin was  Thinkpad Z60t   model no is   2513-MCU

can anybody give the solution..?

T420s 4170-CTO : i5 2520M, 6GB RAM, 320GB HDD(7200rpm).
Z60t 2513-MCU.
ajkula66

I'm afraid that solution might not be that simple. Intel integrated graphics used on these machines are not deemed powerful enough to run Vista or W7, not with Aero enabled anyway.

Vista included the driver, try Windows Update to check whether W7 driver is available there...

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

F = FrankenPad

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
Paper Tape
BaltoMan

-J-

On another topic, I have searched the Internet and yours is one of the few references to a Z60t and Windows 7.  How is that working out for you?  My Z60t with 1G of RAM went down this summer.  I had it wiped clean professionally and then put it on the shelf in favor of a newer machine.  Xmas is hard this year.  My teenager wants a portable for school, etc.  I will be starting from scratch to build the machine back up.  I had thought about moving to Vista or even Windows 7 but there does not seem to be a lot of support for that.  Could a moderately computer savvy person do it?  If not, then I will stick with XP.  -D-

ajkula66

Welcome to the forum, BaltoMan!

You'll need 2GB of RAM to get a decent performance in W7. I'd suggest staying away from Vista altogether.

These machines will run W7, with an occasional driver issue. If I owned one of them right now, and needed reliability, I'd stick with XP.

My $0.02 only...

Cheers,

George

F = FrankenPad

Paper Tape
BaltoMan

You are a good soul for responding, George.  It is Xmas eve. I am trying to do something for my teenager for his Xmas wish.  I just feel like this Z60t is a much better machine than the newest low-end laptop that I could afford--design, keyboard, screen, fast enough chip.  I did put an extra G of memory in so now it has 2G.  Even then, I can save quite a few hundred dollars just getting the Z60t up and running.  Like so many people, this has been the worst year of business for me.  So, today, after figuring out that Trend Micro was the cause of my wireless connecting problem, I am looking at something like 32 critical Microsoft updates as a next step.  I was going to ask the forum if I wanted to try to load Windows 7, should I skip the clutter of updates or go ahead and download them first?  In the back of my mind was the eventual wrestling with the video controller update, etc.  The machine was wiped by the Geek Squad this past summer, including most Thinkpad software, so it is running pretty pure XP and looks great.  Maybe I should leave well enough alone and thus avoid the perpetual teenage lament.  "Dad, why doesn't this work....."  He can learn a little basic XP mechanics---like the old days when you could work on your car in the driveway.  If you have any other recommendations on what to do next, I am appreciative.  There are hardware driver updates out there, and I dread going to Lenovo for updates, for fear of clogging the machine again.  You know, I have a client in cyber security who says he just buys a new machine every two years.  It is easier to start fresh than to try to unclog a computer of all the stuff you accumulate over two years.  Thanks, Doug

ajkula66

If all of the important hardware is working properly in XP, stay there. It will be supported until at least 2014, and hopefully all of us will see years better than this one by then...

Any missing drivers, or hardware issues, please post and we'll try to offer some guidance...

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

F = FrankenPad

What's DOS?
davida

this might work: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18231/a08/win7...

update driver manually and select the directory etc
What's DOS?
davida