Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
glaufman

Z61T Backlight or Inverter or Fuse

Hi.  I have an almost 4 yr old Z61t that just stopped working last night.  I can see a faint image on the screen, but there appears to be no backlight.  It seems the likely failures are the backlight, the inverter, the cable, or a mainboard fuse.  I'm looking for how to easiest/cheapest/fastest to determine which is the true culprit, rather than just replace components willy/nilly...

Any ideas how to narrow down the possibilities?

I had closed the cover as I thought I was done for a while... a while later I reopened to continue working, and the backlight wouldn't come up.  Was plugged into AC with full battery charge at the time.

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Re: Z61T Backlight or Inverter or Fuse

Hi glaufman and welcome to the Community,

Here's a pretty good guideline.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Z-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Z61t-LCD-Backlight-Inverter-Test-Points-and-Sp...

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
glaufman

Re: Z61T Backlight or Inverter or Fuse

Thanks. found that before.  I have acquired a new inverter board and will be changing it shortly.