Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
akos

Z61p - Disk not recognised

I was resizing the C partition using partition magic, when an error came up and thererfore did not finish. Thinking that the process would be rolled back I restarted the machine.

It now doesn't startup XP (I guess becasue the C partition has been screwed up). but I can get into the bios.

I tried reinstalling the system but the drive is not recognised. 

I tried a different HDD (an unformated one) but again the drive was not seen.

If anyone knows what I could now do i woudl be greatly appreciative

Cheers

Retired Guru
ortegaluis

Re: Z61p - Disk not recognised

In the BIOS configuration, you have to change from AHCI to compatibility mode. However I don't suggest you do this right away. Lets look at your current situation. Do you have personal data stored on the hard drive? Do you have it backed up? Are you willing to lose all that data?

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Paper Tape
akos

Re: Z61p - Disk not recognised

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, in the end I played around a bit and reinstalled the factory settings. I didn't really lose anything becasue, strangely enough I copied everything important to an external drive just before things went bad.

neverthelss, the computers back on track now - thanks very much for your willingness to help

Cheers