Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
omays4430

since no parts in stock i have to wait to get my Z61m fixed

[ Edited ]
i have a 3 year on site warranty on my z61m 9453a18 and need a new system board. this has been goin on since 11/07/2007. i have a thread about this issue at Bill Morrows thinkpads.com

I NEED MY LAPTOP SO WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT AND WAIT FOR STOCK TO COME IN BECAUSE OF CONTRACTUAL ISSUES BETWEEN LENOVO AND THE Z MANUFACTURER?

heres the link to my previous thread. this is such BS. why should i have to wait like this with a 3 year on site?  big run arounds

I AM SO LET DOWN 

Message Edited by omays4430 on 12-14-2007 09:18 PM
Breakbeat lover....
T61 (6465-01U) C2D 1GB 120 HDD 5400rpm
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

Re: since no parts in stock i have to wait to get my Z61m fixed

Omays4430,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum :smileyhappy:

Per our private messages and chat following your post on TPF yesterday, I'm looking into your situation and will see what can be done to resolve this. 

As the discussion contains personal information, we will continue via PM, Email and phone as needed.

Thanks for letting us know about your trouble.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
omays4430

i really must say, that a "certain" person that i was referred to, totally went out of his way to help me. he's one of the most polite, helpful and understanding people ive ever dealt with in any circumstance. totally went out of his way to help me. my problem is being resolved.

thank you everyone for your help and insight to guide...

Breakbeat lover....
T61 (6465-01U) C2D 1GB 120 HDD 5400rpm
Fanfold Paper
trevord

I had the exact same experience with Lenovo this past summer and am just as disappointed,

the only difference with me was that almost everything in my laptop was no good so it took more then four months for me to get my laptop back because of the same 'they had none in stock'.

It took me about 20 phone calls to the point of almost threatening the person i was talking to, i knew it wasn't there fault but when ur a poor student like me and you pay so much for a supposedly top of the line laptop right out of your pocket it is unbelievably frustrating.

Two months into the whole ordeal they tried to say that there was a major spill on the laptop which i would bet my life that no such thing happened however i have heard they are having much trouble with trusting these spill inicators.

Finally i had my laptop returned to me after four long months which somewhat pleased me however i wanted somebody to hear my voice about how unsatisfied i was and that there's no way someone who is paying that much should have to put up that, this is where i went from getting disappointed to extremely angry. I tried more then 12 times to call and make a complaint or just to talk to somebody besides a customer support person and every single time i was told that there was a complaint file  opened for me but it was closed because it was reviewed, i don't know who they called but it wasn't me thats for sure!

i used to love my lenovo and now i almost wish i didn't buy it, i have found other people who have had similar experiences and then i've also talked to people who have had great experiences. nevertheless i wish i would've been forwarded to somebody who helped you out that much and was nice like that, half the people i talked to were rude "you'll get your laptop when we are done with it!!" , and thats directly quoting someone from the warranty place nearly yelling at me. i almost laugh but u may be reading something almost exactly like this in the newspapers very soon, they want the story if i decide to give it to them and the only thing stopping me is that i do like lenovo's and i don't want to be responsible for causing a lot of doubt in them but if i hear of one or two more classmates or just people in general then i will have no choice because it is simply not fair.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the length