Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
interpret

Re: 3000 N100 Battery Problem

Hello Mark

I need HELP ASAP.  My Lenovo N100 3000 just started turning off.  A little history....I got the replacement battery in 12/2008 when it was being offered but that battery has since died ( I wasnt aware that if I left it plugged in all the time it shortened the battery life).  So for the past couple of months it has been running on AC power only...today out of the blue it started turning off and wont stay powered up! Can you please advise me on how to fix this? I need it for work. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Paper Tape
anay3000

3000 N100 Battery issue

Hi, I also have a 3000 series N100, type 0768 model AQ1 laptop purchased in August of 2007. The battery has been changed once through the warranty program, and was quite happy at that time coz of the prompt service. But now, hardly 14 months after the battery was replaced, this one has conked off as well. I cant even get 10 minutes of backup. 

This is very similar to the fate of my earlier battery.

Earlier I have had a ThinkPad, and an IBM NetVista Desktop computer, and was very happy with the support I received for them both.

I tried to contact Lenovo Suport, through one of their service centers, to no avail. They will just not agree that the battery is defective, and say that nothing can be done after warranty expires.

In case the folks at Lenovo know that there is an issue, then I ask them to be kind enough to us customers, and own up to their gaffe.

Give me a battery that does work. The rest of the Laptop did not give me any complaints ever, in the 2+ years that I have used it. I am even ready to pay the difference for a higher Ah rating battery if required. I just wish Lenovo Show that great Customer Support for which IBM was once known.

Mark, hope you are listening.

I may be reached at: - 

anay3000@gmail.com,

thanks,

Paper Tape
anay3000

Re: 3000 N100 Battery issue

want to know the best way out??? Get a 3000 N100 compatible battery with Panasonic or Sanyo made cells, works better, costs significantly less than Original Lenovo, gives longer backup, hopefully doesn't have the kinks that Lenovo batteries have.

Tip: - Original Lenovo Batteries were made by Sony, get the point? Sony LI-Ion batteries for laptops are hazardous for the user's well-being.

Since 3000 N100 systems are already out of warranty, go for replacement Compatible parts. Dont give one more penny to Lenovo. I know i wont.

FYI: -

Lenovo Original Battery for 3000 N100: -                                                     Rs. 3500 or approx US $77.

Compatible Sanyo / Panasonic Battery for Lenovo 3000 N100:             Rs. 2900 or approx US $ 64.

Could have had the Sanyo battery cheaper if i had looked around in Lamington Road, but I preferred to get it from a trusted dealer, who saves me hassles during warranty or repairs.

We know the Lenovo Battery sux, the other battery cant do any worse than Lenovo.

Lenovo is the same as other chinese stuff: - crap, IBM, we want you back.

Paper Tape
ravindra401

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 battery problem

Hi Mark,

I bought a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop in November 2007. After a year the battery was not getting charged. And then the laptop was getting over heated.

Since then I have removed the battery and am only using the power supply. I would really appreciate your help.

Lenovo 3000 N100

Product Id: 0768DKU

TYPE 0768-DKU S/N L3-M1933

What's DOS?
jvelasquez

Hi... I have the same problem with my lenovo.. I have a 3000 n100 with new battery, and don´t works... the machine says the battery is not present... I try to change bios, but the file 63af08us.exe run but do anything, my bios version steel 2.06... and try run power management, is the same, run but do anything... Please help me...

Type 06892BU

Serie L3B6050

Punch Card
martic329

I am having problems with my lenovo 3000 N100 battery also. It started about a year ago while I was on a trip (2009)and I turned my laptop on and it powered off as soon as I turned it on. I plugged it in to charge battery but the next time I tried it powered off again. I didn't get the battery not installed message until maybe 5 months ago. I thought maybe I just needed a new battery and just received a new on yesterday but am still getting the gray battery symbol with the message battery not installed. I unplugged the laptop and it is showing that the battery is charged now but how do I get rid of the message? I don't know if my old battery was bad or not now. When I go to power management it shows there is no battery installed. I have a 32 bit type 0768-o4u. I think I purchased in 04/07.

Margaret B. Cannon
What's DOS?
sach_mang

[ Edited ]

Mr .anay3000...could you plz tell me which sony/panasonic batteries are compatible with lenovo 3000 n100 model...also if possible approximate battery backup time...

thanx..

Paper Tape
anay3000

basically, the battery is 3000N100 compatible, i.e. made for this series, but the cells inside are from panasonic or sanyo.

so, this is not made by lenovo, but by a lesser company, so it would be safe to say that the battery is not a branded product.

just remember that the battery pack is not made by panasonic or sanyo, but is unbranded. if u can see the cells thru the blister packing, they should be of panasonic or sanyo.

Paper Tape
anay3000

just continuing earlier post, Lenovo are so concerned about post warranty support, that it just left me gasping.

I had a keyboard failure on my 3000 N100, and some keys (tab, caps, LShift) got damaged. I asked at the local Lenovo Service center, which is in the heart of mumbai, and far away from me, and know what they suggested?

"change the old laptop to a new one."
really? just because the keyboard doesn't work?

and even if i did think of changing, would i look forward to owning a Lenovo model?

considering the battery issues, dead pixels, and now the post warranty service experience, I think not!!!

Thanks, but no thanks.
What's DOS?
gouse22

Solution :- automatially shutdown every 10 - 15 minitues

Lenovo 3000 N100

the problem found by our expert mr. sudir

that is, Battery issues if you replace battey, problem can be resolved. this model requred working new battery.