Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
mgenoble

3000 n500 cursor jumps when typing in different applications

3000 n500 cursor jumps when typing in different applications. My wife and i both experience it and we  are very sensitive to how we use the keyboard thinking that we SOMEHOW hit the touchpad, but we do not see a correlation. We believe it is a fault with the N500.

Can anyone offer advice?

Regards,

MG

What's DOS?
Manu0801

Re: 3000 n500 cursor jumps when typing in different applications

Unfortunately, I have the exactly the same problem.

The cursor while typing and I am absolutely sure, that I do not hit the touchpad!

Any solution??

Regards

Manu

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 630

mgenoble, Manu, welcome to the forum,

In order to rule out the TouchPad I would suggest looking into Control Panel, Mouse and reduce the sensitivity or tapping area of the touchpad, or even better, turn the feature off and see if the problem still arises.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
leoboar

Keyboard issue - cursor jumps on its own

Hello all, I have a Lenovo N500 notebook that works great except for one very annoying trait - while typing in Microsoft Word, the cursor jumps on its own and usually puts itself in the middle of the paragraph.  So when I am not looking at the screen while typing I could be inserting an entire body of text into the middle of a paragraph and it messes up my work.  Can anyone help or suggest what could be wrong?  

Thank you,

Edwardson 

Paper Tape
iucmi

Re: Keyboard issue - cursor jumps on its own

I have the same problem on my G530.

I have installed the latest Trackpad driver but it did not help.  Lenovo really needs to come out with a fix for this!!!  

:smileymad:

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 630

Try reducing the sensitivity of the touchpad in control panel > mouse, or turn the function off alltogether.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
yasirbadrashi

Hello 

I bought a lenovo 3000 N200 recently. i had exactly the same problem as you people are having. you can do what i did. you can download the touch pad driver and once it is installed and the icon placed in the task tray, you can right click it and disable the tap to click option. you wont be able to use the tap option on the touch pad but the pointer for sure will stop jumping here and there once you are typing in any word processing software . regards

Paper Tape
thernr

I bought a 3000 N500 laptop one month ago, and the cursor/pointer jumped around the screen like crazy. I thought it was just the touchpad and adjusted the sensitivity down but it didn't help.

Then I connected an external USB mouse and turned off the touchpad. It is better but sometimes the cursor/pointer leaps to another place on the page. For example, I will be trying to click the volume icon in the lower right of the screen and then instantly the cursor is in the lower left area of the screen above the Start button.

So the problem is still there. The touchpad alone cannot be the problem since it is disabled at the moment.

Any suggestions? Can Lenovo fix this?

Thanks, Ruth

What's DOS?
cathyhotka

I have a brand new 3000, and this problem...and it's not acceptable. I plan to return it.
What's DOS?
cathyhotka

It's not the trackpad. You can raise your hands completely off the surfaces, and watch the cursor jump on its own into the strangest locations. Users have to return their units and get different models.

I just experienced the cursor jump while working on this note, with hands raised well over the surface...