Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
mak_20789

About copy of Vista that came pre-loaded with my N series laptop

Hi,

I own a 3000 N100 and its beyond warranty now. The hard dic broke down so I got it replaced from a computer shop as he charged less. But the issue is since Lenovo hadnt given me the CD of the Vist home basic I paid for, now I am left without the licenced copy of OS. I tried to send mail but it  bounced saying this ID doesnt exist or something.

Can anyone please tell me how am I supposed to get a copy of Vista? I paid for ity after all when I bought my laptop, so it wouldnt be too much asking for a copy of it.

Thank you.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 255
Solutions: 137

Re: About copy of Vista that came pre-loaded with my N series laptop

[ Edited ]

Hi mak_20789,

Welcome to Lenovo Forum!

I"m sorry for your hardisk's broken down. In regard to the email address, may i know which email you sent to? Let me check with internal team if the email is correct.

As far as i know, customers will not be provided with Windows Vista CD nor given Recovery Media for Win Vista. The Windows should be in your hardisk where you can use recovery tool to recover yoru system back to initial factory state of windows, unfortunately your hardisk has failed to work.

I advise you ring the Call Centre (+918026788970) to check if you can the Recovery CD. I am not sure if you have to pay for it but no harm to give it a try.

Thank you

Regards,

Cleo

Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 06-04-2009 03:23 PM

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
mak_20789

Hi Cleo_Lenovo,

thank you for you reply.

I sent e-mail to customercare@in.lenovo.com

I will call the number and see what they say, but do you by any chance know whats Lenovos policy about  this issue?

Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

HI mak_20789,

I"m sorry for I am not sure of the policy that applied to this matter.

Anyhow, I will advise customers to make recovery media once they get their machine for in case their machine failed to work, and they still have a backup to recover back the windows.

In regard to the invalid email address, I have someone to look into it. Should there be any updates, I'll let you know right here. 

Thank you for pointing this out :smileywink:

Regards,

Cleo

Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 06-04-2009 07:11 PM

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Cleo_Lenovo

Hi mak_20789,

The correct email should be customercare@lenovowarranty.co.in .The page should be updated shortly.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media