Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
dneedles
Accepted Solution

Audio device Apowersoft went silent

Identical issue to: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120126083013AAY0n2N

That is, there are 2 playback devices one is "Apowersoft" and other is "Conexant Smart audio HD". One day back Apowersoft was working,but now it is not. Everything seems fine (driver up to date, volume maxed, test shows bars for volume but no sound,etc.)

I disabled Apowersoft and am able to get sound, but the volume is low and periodically the sound starts making noise and I have to fiddle with the sound controls to get it normal again.

Also tried:

If you are using windows 7
   click start <> in the search box type in audio
  from the list click on <> Find and fix audio playback problems.

But of course it reports everythuing is fine... grrr...

Paper Tape
dneedles

Re: Audio device Apowersoft went silent

Forgot to mention the system is Lenovo G560 (0679)
Paper Tape
dneedles

Quick work arounds (that got the marginal sound) was to: Disable the Apowersoft device. A marginally better solution was to Control Pannel=>Hardware and Sound=>Mange Audio Devices
In this window right click on the Speakers (Conexant Cocoa II...) and select Set as Default Communication Device. Then right click on the device again and select Set as Default Device.

Again this marginally works as the volume is low and the noise problem periodically shows up.
Paper Tape
dneedles

Actually disabling is better. After a while the sound goes loud and scratchy ... disabling Apowersoft stops this. Also I noticed the sound was coming out of only the left speaker.  I suspect a hardware problem with this crappy china parts. Grrr..

Paper Tape
dneedles

Found a fix. Deleted all audio devices:  Apowersoft, Coenxant, and an Intel driver.  Then I rebooted. The Apowersoft and Coenxant devices came back but not the Intel bit. (Not sure how that one got there.) But it appears that was the issue. Everything has worked for several days.

What's DOS?
lulugreen

The Apowersoft programs become more and more stable. If you still come across the similar problem - Audio device Apowersoft went silent. You only need some sound settings. 

Get the solution by clicking this link: http://www.screenrecord.net/forum/no-sound-t2.html