Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Shay_Guy

B570 "randomized-screen" crash

The following has happened to me twice, both times while I was playing a Flash game (if that's relevant):

1. Without any warning, the display on the screen becomes completely random -- as in, every pixel appears to have a random value, though a bit lighter than full randomization (RGB 0-255) would suggest. Maybe they're random in the RGB 128-255 range, I dunno.
  2. The display changes many times a second, possibly at the refresh rate. The net effect is that of analog-TV noise with color.
  3. The game's audio continues uninterrupted.
  4. After several seconds, the computer shuts down.

What's causing this and how do I prevent it? Is it a framebuffer thing? I'm running Ubuntu Linux 11.10, but the first time this happened was after I switched to the B570, so I don't think that's it. Not unless it's specifically a matter of how the OS interacts with the software.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: B570 "randomized-screen" crash

Hello Shah,

The issue could happen due to driver incompatibility

I suggest you to install Windows 7 and install the updated graphic driver and also update the BIOS.

Kindly check the issue in Windows 7

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Blue Screen Again
Shay_Guy

Re: B570 "randomized-screen" crash

I have Windows 7 installed on a separate partition. I use Ubuntu out of personal preference, and any acceptable solution must prevent the crash from occurring in Ubuntu. If it IS driver-related, I might be able to use that information to solve the problem on the software end.

Also, my username has only one H.