Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
djboyo

Re: B570 wifi headache with Atheros AR9285 Win7

Hi, sorry for the delay. The update is that I have contacted Lenovo Technical Support and they have agreed to take the laptop back to examine the network card and replace it if faulty. I'm in the process of boxing-it up ready for collection by their courier. I'll update you of any progress.

Have to say that the support team I spoke to were very helpful and friendly. Let's hope they can get the problem sorted so that I can start to use the machine to it's full potential. As we've mentioned before, the rest of the Laptop seems to run really well, but a laptop with poor wireless connectivity isn't really worth having.

djboyo

What's DOS?
Clovis

Hi guys!
I signed just to let you know that to solve the problem you need the driver above.
Nor the ones on the lenovo website, neither the old 8.00 suggested by windows will work properly.

Driver for Atheros ar9285

I managed to connect "far away" from the router, and to detect my neighbors's access point too

Fanfold Paper
djboyo

Thanks Clovis

I remember trying the 10.0.0.42 from the end of February but I can't remember if I tried the 10.0.0.45 driver. But I definitely remember visiting that web page on the Atheros site. 

My laptop has now gone back to Lenovo for checking, but maybe rwab could try to download and use it on his machine and let us know. 

I'll update the forum with Lenovo's feedback when I get it.

djboyo

Paper Tape
Jayroo

any update to this issue? have lenovo offered a resolution to the one offered by Clovis? i have an IdeaPad S10-3 with the same AR9285 and a couple of months ago it simply stopped working. i have tried most of what has been offered here (but not yet the 10.0.0.45 driver) with no joy. Going mad here, help us Lenovo!!!

I got the S10-3 because it was a portable solution not much bigger than a tablet, and packed a really powerful punch for something so small. Disappointed now, i have had it 7 months (bought it new) and it just won't connect to the internet whether via my router or in public :0(.....
Fanfold Paper
djboyo

Hi Jayroo

I've been meaning to update this forum but life, as usual, has a habit of overtaking us all!! Basically, I called Lenovo support, who were great, and I ended up sending the machine off to be checked. I made a full back-up and packaged it up securley. About a week or so later it was sent back and, according to the less that detailed report, the wireless/bluetooth card was found to be faulty and was replaced. The machine was also "stress-tested" and found to be free of any faults.

The laptop has been fine ever since and connects as well as any other wireless device in the house does and in any room in the house. In conclusion, it was DEFINITELY a faulty Atheros AR9285 card. As so many people have seemingly had the same problem I would definitely recommend returning the product where necessary for a check and replacement. It's not Lenovo's fault and they can only be judged on how they remedy the solution. In my view they were very good indeed and I'm now happy with the whole machine.

Good luck to anyone else who has this issu - definitekly get the card checked out!!!

djboyo