Support in other languages: 
802.11n
pagroundhog

Re: B575 hangs when powering down or rebooting

Hello original poster,

Did you ever get the answer you were looking for and/or get your issue resolved?

Please let us know.

Your feedback is important to the community

Paper Tape
cfog83

I upgraded my B575 HDD last year to an SSD.  I originally tried a fresh install of windows, but due to the power hang problem and the wireless problem, I ended up reinstalling the factory settings using the Lenovo One Key Recovery DVDs I made prior to removing the HDD.  (This was all done prior to this posted solution).  I recently had a problem with an Ubuntu dual OS install, and attempted to reinstall windows on my SSD.  Not only did the steps above not work for me, (I can't get Windows to ever make only 2 partitions) I also cannot install with my OKR discs.  I get an error the the drive's partitions are incorrect to use OKR.  Any ideas?

Not my penguin...
Paper Tape
cfog83

Just an FYI in case anyone else comes up against this.  I solved the problem.  I never was able to get the workaround mentioned above to work.  Windows never gave me only 2 partitions, always 3.  The reason the OKR recovery disks wouldn't work was because the Windows 7 DVD formatted the partitions as GPT.  OKR needs MBR.  I used a SATA / USB adapter to plug the SSD into my PC, ran the disk manager, and changed the partition.  Then OKR worked perfectly.  (I tried to format the partitions into just 2 for the Windows 7 DVD installer, but it would still erase them and reformat them into 3.)

Not my penguin...
Paper Tape
nujabe

i know that this post is old, but i just need to know if the disk is in gpt or mbr....

What's DOS?
bedohave

I tried everything on this thread to no avail. Every attempt left me with 3 partitions and the odd symptoms of inability for Windows to shutdown/reboot or connect to the wireless device. The help others provided was very useful.  They showed me I needed to get my disk partitioned with just two partitions and that the way to make that happen was to make sure the partition table was MBR vs GPT. [I'm not even sure I understand that distinction means or if I'm even describing it correctly. :smileyhappy: ]

Here's what worked for me:

1. Use gparted to create a single ntfs partition. When I did this, gparted told me it had created a gpt partition. Still in the dark about this whole gpt vs. mbr stuff, I did the next step to be sure.
  2. Use the method described here (look for the response titled "If you have a Windows 7 Installation disk") to clear and convert the partiion table to MBR.
  3. Rebooted and installed from the WIndows 7 DVD. Unlike prior tries, Windows 7 installation created the required 2 partitions not 3. Whew!

Results:

• Windows installer managed to reboot the machine as needed during the installation process, without my help.
  • After install of Windows 7, I installed various drivers from Lenovo including video (AMD/ATI). Let Windows connect and get the latest Atheros AR9285 driver (works!!), etc.