Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
vlbaindoor
Accepted Solution

Base Warranty Registration Problems

Hi,

At our new company we bought a Lenovo B570 laptop from an on-line retailer here in the UK. We are happy with the specifications of the laptop, happy so far with its performance etc.  But ever since the purchase several attempts have been made for registering the laptop for what Lenovo calls as 'Base Warranty' which simply provides warranty cover for the laptop from the date of invoice for the laptop rather than the manufacturing date. Several attempts were made to do the registration on the internet without success. Then it was found that the product can be registered on-line if it was bought in any non-European and non-western country - and it turns out it can be registered on-line if it was bought in India for example.

As our new company has Indian connections and as we see future business visits to India which include travelling with the laptop within India etc, an attempt was made to register the laptop online by selecting country as India.

We were contacted by Lenovo India and it seems the support staff there have made several attempts to do the base warranty registration for the laptop - but as the laptop was bought on-line in the UK apparently they are not able to do it even when the staff are trying hard to do that.

Then we were told we need to call a phone number here in UK - but it turns out that this number is just an automated service and finally when we got to a human at the other end of the phone, we were told to send an email with Invoice copy etc.

Email was sent and bang came the reply asking for more details which were supplied - even the 'Case number' as recorded by their own support arm in India was also notified.

With all so much of online and email and phone activity, we are still getting an email asking for 'Service Activation Code'. We are told the 'default' warranty lasts till Sept 2012 as laptop was manufactured in Sept 2011 - this is rediculous.

With all this we are beginning to feel as if we have burgled someone's house/office and got hold of the laptop.

Having bought the laptop online through a reputed company (http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ ) - not ebay or anything - why is Lenovo making it hard to register the laptop for base warranty?

Why are people who bought the laptop through reputed, legitimate online sources made to feel as if they have stolen the laptop?

We are actually quite concerned now.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Base Warranty Registration Problems

[ Edited ]

I understand your concern as you are unable to register the base warranty for your product.

Kindly visit the mentioned below web link and register your product for base warranty.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/Member/member.aspx

If you are unable to register the warranty online then kindly email the details to support center.

I'm sorry that you have had trouble with the registering the product.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Fanfold Paper
vlbaindoor

tanujhanda wrote:

I understand your concern as you are unable to register the base warranty for your product.

Kindly visit the mentioned below web link and register your product for base warranty.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/Member/member.aspx

If you are unable to register the warranty online then kindly email the details on thinkpls_we@lenovo.com 

I'm sorry that you have had trouble with the registering the product.

That is exactly the point I am making.

To register for base warranty one is made to go from one website to another and phone number is given and then email address is suggested and having done all that I put this message on this forum.

When I phoned up the number mentioned on one of your websites, I was given the exact same email address to send my details and was asked further more questions.

The main point is - if one has to go through all these difficulties just to register the product, I wonder what would happen if there is actually a problem with the product and some part needs replacement.

The impression I have been getting so far is that Lenovo wants to avoid all warranty claims and that is the reason why they are making the registration process so hard.

The idea is to actively discourage people from registering the product so that as and when the product actually fails they are already so fed up with the registering process that they would not even bother checking if the repair can be done under the warranty.

I am more or less in that state now.  This is the first and possibly the last Lenovo product I ever bought.

I have seen the tremendous effort the Indian arm of Lenovo support team is putting in - they are trying to sort out the issue as much as they can, the person who contacted me has been trying to get other teams to act, I have received copies of emails asking other teams to help out - but rest of Lenovo company seems to be ignoring them. The Indian support team seems to be fighting for a lost cause - it seems to be a hopeless battle for them with no chance of winning.

Retired Employee
lak_sg

Hi vibaindoor,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're experiencing and would like to try to assist.

I've requested some additional information via private messaging.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

lak_sg

WW Social Media

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!