Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: Best Buy sold me two Lenovo notebooks without left speakers!

All,

Sorry to hear that you seem to be missing the left speaker. This sounds like some kind of manufacturing error and we will definitely look into it. It will help us if you can each send me a private message with the model type and serial number of your systems.

This is not a case of cost cutting - it sounds like an unfortunate mistake. Lenovo depot service typically can repair a system in one to two days with an extra day for shipping to and from the depot. It should NOT take 3-4 weeks. I think that was inaccurate information provided.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
wngan9447

PM Sent....Thanks

Punch Card
jangjong

PM Sent as well

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

All,

I appreciate the Serial numbers - these will aid the investigation.   In the short term, the solutions available will be either to return / exchange the units or engage Lenovo service.  The numbers for your country can be found on the support site - for the US it is 877-453-6686.

Please let us know if you need more help after contacting service.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
jangjong

Well, I am pretty sure return/exchange is not an option for all of us.

This was on black friday sale for Best Buy. Most of us probably do not want to get a full refund on it because we went through a lot of trouble to get the laptop (I stayed up from 12 am to 6am trying to refresh the best buy page). and exchanging through best buy is not an option as they are probably out of stock as some people that made an order got canceled.

I think this is an issue that Lenovo should resolve. If I call the customer service number, will i be able to send it in to get it fixed? even if i can send it in, of course paying for shipping can't be an option because all we did is buying a product that was promised to work.

One more thing to note. Why can't I find any pages regarding this product on this site? I see G575 page, but that does not have the correct spec for this laptop. When I try to look up with the model number, nothing shows up. 

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

jangjong,

Wow - I appreciate your time investment to purchase the system at a great price.   As it stands, if you called support with this issue right now, they would do problem determination and normal warranty terms would apply. 

What I would ask is that you give us a day or two to investigate this, and see what kind of arrangements can be made. 

I understand that you will want to get this fixed right aaway, and so I appreciate your patience.

We'll provide an update here as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
Fanfold Paper
MacFrugal

Thanks, Mark for the follow up. I have this model in route from Best Buy, so I'm anxious to know how this will be resolved.

Also, should this laptop support 8gb of memory? I can't find any documentation on your site.

Punch Card
jangjong

Mark,

Thank you for the update.

Hopefully you will be able to find some solution for us.

Thank you

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

MacFrugal,

I'll check on the memory capacity - I've not checked out a G575 yet - I would imagine it has two memory slots as most of these do, and that it would support 4GB dimms.  You might need to remove modules that it shipped with to reach 8GB if it didn't already come with a 4GB module installed.   You would also need a 64 bit version of Windows to access more than about 3.5GB of memory regardless of what is physically installed.  The sales site lists the G575 and says "up to 4GB" in the sales config, but the product specs pdf here says 8GB of DDR3 memory.

I'll check and confirm tomorrow while working on the speaker issue.  I'll also check with the support team - if I select quick path and put in G575 it knows what that is, but it looks like the information hasn't been loaded yet.

User guide can be downloaded here and spans several models of the G series.

Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
Retired Employee
JameZ

[ Edited ]

@All,

Issue has been escalated to engineering.

@Textbook,

Appreciate your detailed pictures which you have posted.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3