Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
jangjong

Re: Best Buy sold me two Lenovo notebooks without left speakers!

Mark,

I saw the manual and read the part about ram. I have taken a picture of the ram slot: http://i42.tinypic.com/2ikaald.jpg

It is missing the 2nd ram slot that the manual is showing. so this laptop must not have an extra slot

Punch Card
Textbook

[ Edited ]

Mark_Lenovo and JameZ,

I appreciate you investigating this problem and escalating it to engineering.  I look forward to any updates.

Before your responses, I had tried calling Lenovo technical support and was on the phone for 35 minutes yesterday while your representative tried to find a spec sheet for the G575-438343u specific model.  When I asked if there was any way I could contact engineers, designers, or manufacturing he said that all happens in the manufacturing facilities in China, so there would be no way for me to contact those departments.  After spending 35 minutes on the phone, the conclusion was basically that Lenovo couldn't do anything for me.  Frustrated, I was almost ready to end my quest for a left speaker and just deal with it, but I am happy to see that you are looking into this issue.  If Lenovo can take an unfortunate situation and turn it into a positive, I will be a happy customer, both now and in the future :smileyhappy:

If nothing else, I would be happy if Lenovo could send me two pair of speakers and the mounting hardware (screws) for them.  I can install them myself.  The part number on them is PK23000H900.

http://i.imgur.com/opfp2.jpg

Obviously that isn't a solution for everybody, since they shouldn't be required to disassemble a notebook, install components, and then reassemble, and it would also void the warranty.

Once again, thanks Lenovo staff for investigating this issue.  I will keep checking in on this thread for any updates.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Textbook,

Appreciate if you can provide me with the following so I can get a case going with customer relations to assist you. Appreciate if you can drop me a private message with the following.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
Date of Purchase:
MTM:
S/N:
Case ID with call center if have:

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
daxlw

[ Edited ]

How do I fix?  The left speaker will not work?  Should I take it back and return for another?

Moderator Note: Post merged.

Paper Tape
wngan9447

I'm on the same boat. I'd be happy to get the missing speaker mailed to me and I can install myself.

I hope this all works out.

Fanfold Paper
daxlw

[ Edited ]

This issue is a common issue. Appears Lenovo cut out a speaker to cut costs.  Others have this issue on the forum.

Moderator Note: Post merged.

Punch Card
tz1040

There are RIDICULOUS numbers of us that ordered this computer on black friday from Best Buy, received confirmations of our order,and then hours after receiving our confirmation received emails saying the computer was backordered.  Today, several of us received another email stating the product is still on backorder, with no indication as to when it will be available.  Several forums show numerous folks complaining about the backorder problem with the Lenovo.  When calling Best Buy, they are unable to give ANY indication as to when the product will be available.  The problems I have been reading about (on this forum and others) regarding the missing speaker and the ram issue ... in you guys' opinion, is this attributing to the backorder problem?  Some have already received cancellation notices, others (including myself) have not.  Not sure if I should cancel my order at this point (knowing the issues everyone is having with this model) or just hang tight and see what i get. 

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

tz1410,

I don't have the full specs on the system - this could have been a specific model that we built for the promotion (because at $188 it is still a lot of notebook for the money, even if it had 1 ram slot)..  (My earlier comments were based on the models of G575 available on our website for direct sales - these are more expensive models than the Best Buy deal)

So far as I know today, this model should have 2 speakers. That some are missing the left speaker is something that we are working to address.  Obviously, ensuring that we have enough speakers available through our logistics channels and also likely working with Best Buy on our plan to address.

Generally, when we find an issue like this, we will try to hold stock that hasn't yet shipped and inspect / fix it so that customers who receive it won't have to deal with an issue.  If this is underway, it could explain why orders might be temporarily on hold or on a backorder status.  

I know we are actively working on this today and I think we need a bit more time.  I hope to be able to let you know the best way to get this solved soon - I'm going to do my best to have an update from the team for sometime tomorrow.

I appreciate your patience.

Thanks!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
managerjosh

Mark:

I appreciate you looking into this issue. I too am in a similar boat with everyone else. Not only do I have one speaker, but only one RAM slot despite all documentation stating I have two of both.

I hope there is an adequate resolution for both sides.

Paper Tape
shreekar

Betreff: Best Buy sold me two Lenovo notebooks without left speakers!

Yes, I bought this laptop from the best buy at Knoxville, Kingston Pike last Friday in the Black Friday Deal. I cannot hear anything from the left speaker. Next day I went to the Best buy store and handed them the laptop to either repair or send it to Lenovo for further action. It has been almost a week by now and the repair status still shows awaiting for shipment. One thing, when I went to the Best Buy, I had to exchange verbal talk with one of the floor person about the issue. The guy asked me to find another laptop in the store but I have to pay the difference in the prices and is not embarrassed at all giving me such a trouble. He said Lenovo made such a product only for this kind of sale and will never sell in any other time. VERY STRANGE. I stayed outside in a line for about more than 6 hours to get the laptop assuming it is a door buster price but, at the end, after finding it in this forum, I came to know that this product was made cheaper after being compromised in cutting the component. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT LENOVO CAN GO THIS EXTENT. If I knew it before, then I would not ever think of buying this product no matter what.

I will give a second thought before buying any Lenovo product. I would rather disassemble any lenovo product before making any purchase deal. I can't believe that consumer are put in dark and luring the store by big showdowns saying Black Friday. Surely it is the black Friday shading black on Consumer's face.