Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
jangjong

Re: Best Buy sold me two Lenovo notebooks without left speakers!

NoBuenoLenovo,

Wow. great post. Except for this part:

Friend, Family, Stranger: How's that Best Buy laptop working out?

Me: well I didn't get what I paid for. I was expecting two speakers but only got one. Expecting two ram slots but only one.

Friend, Family, Stranger: HAHAHAHAH LOL LOL LOL

Me: yea hard to believe right? one speaker? who does that?

Friend, Family, Stranger: Thanks for the info.

Me: yea I ain't buying Lenovo again.

Apparently, when I tell them i didnt get what i paid for and it's missing speaker/ram socket, they tell you that you got what you paid for. They don't thank for the info, they just try to shut me down and tell me how wrong i am.  I put up a post on slickdeals.net and that's what's going on there. tired of arguing with them when they don't understand my frustration and keep telling me how wrong i am and just need to forget about the issue.

Anyway, I am going to save this on my blog including other great comments by other users in case Lenovo decides to delete them.

Blue Screen Again
Nascarnbroncos

Wait until you get told that you cannot get a replacement from lenovo.com and or lenovo outlet.com for ANY black friday laptops.

Fanfold Paper
Sapusa

[ Edited ]

NoBuenoLenovo and jangjong

You made a very good point.

I am going to receive my next week. Can anyone tell me how the sound comes out from that one speaker? I need to use it for Skype without external speakers. I am not sure if the sound would loud enough. I have noticed it should have 2x1.5W speakers, but they installed 1x2W.

Punch Card
jangjong

I am guessing there isn't anything that Best Buy / Lenovo will do about the laptop, so I set up the laptop for my dad's use. Korean Windows, Skype, Video Player that can use DXVA to decode h.264.

The speaker's output is loud enough to watch videos and skype. I just think it sounds odd because it's just coming out from one side. It is noticeable that it is coming out from just the right side. It is mono sound though, so you do hear all the sound.

Additionaly fyi, the laptop is good enough to handle 1080ps video if you set it up right. When watching 1080p video with the right setting, it only uses about 20%~30% of cpu watching it.

I am happy with the laptop itself, but I am disappointed how Lenovo and Best Buy handled the issue, or handling the issue.

Punch Card
Arshes-Nei

One SO-Dimm slot may not be that big of deal to any of you's but to me its the difference of not buying it at all.  I am a perfomance enthusiast and to max out the memory to 8 gigs with 1 stick is 100$ and now that laptop turns into a 280$ laptop vs 205$  with 2X4 gig sticks and I like alot more laptops at a 280$ starting price point.  

Yeah, umm no. Best Buy says on the ad 4GB max. You want performance you buy specs that can entirely max out that performace. No where did the Best Buy ad say 8gb max.

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

yeah um the 200 Pin SO-DIMM slot determines the upgrade of the RAM not the Best Buy add.  Where does it state how many 200 pin SO-Dimms  slots it has?? It doesn't and that information is necessary when upgrading the RAM and when you find out from  Lenovo and everyone else in the world for a G575 laptop it says 2 200 pin SO-DIMMS not the same laptop that was purchased on black friday with only 1 and my original plans of a  30$ 8 gig 4gig X 2 sticks upgrade was changed to a 1 8 gig 100$ upgrade and being a performance ethusiast I rather get another laptop thats not stripped down and look at  better performing options for  300$ price range.  

I always max out the RAM.  Also Best Buy is just a re-seller not a manufacturer.  Where do you think Best Buy gets the specs from??? 

Punch Card
Arshes-Nei

That's not the point.

You wanted a higher upgrade than the specs Best Buy gave.

If you actually read the thread, this is a special promotion deal with Lenovo and Best Buy. So even if Best Buy got the specs from Lenovo, they're the ones who ordered this machine and it is THEIR responsibility to post complete specs - not necessarily Lenovo for this promotion.

While I agree about the speaker issue, it amazes me how greed is playing into the blame game. You have the Black Friday Fever, saw this G575 at this amazing price and then don't bother to fully think through the catch. It's Lenovo's fault or BB's fault now that people rushed out under this fever expecting a 500 dollar laptop for a 200 dollar price. Hey yeah apparently some got lucky at Fry's but Fry's is not Best Buy and doesn't have the same agreements. Nevermind the fact that there were specs that clearly said 4gb max, now it's somehow's Lenovo's fault you can't get your upgrade beyond those specs.

Paper Tape
skkhai

[ Edited ]

jbird2383 wrote:

yeah um the 200 Pin SO-DIMM slot determines the upgrade of the RAM not the Best Buy add.  Where does it state how many 200 pin SO-Dimms  slots it has?? It doesn't and that information is necessary when upgrading the RAM and when you find out from  Lenovo and everyone else in the world for a G575 laptop it says 2 200 pin SO-DIMMS not the same laptop that was purchased on black friday with only 1 and my original plans of a  30$ 8 gig 4gig X 2 sticks upgrade was changed to a 1 8 gig 100$ upgrade and being a performance ethusiast I rather get another laptop thats not stripped down and look at  better performing options for  300$ price range.  

I always max out the RAM.  Also Best Buy is just a re-seller not a manufacturer.  Where do you think Best Buy gets the specs from??? 

As long as we're nitpicking details... DDR3 SO-DIMM sticks have 204 pins. Wouldn't want to spread anymore misinformation now would we? :smileywink:

Paper Tape
NoBuenoLenovo

[ Edited ]

Listen, we all have to work together.

If Lenovo see that we are fighting they will never solve this issue.  According to Mark_Lenovo this is solve. 

Now I agree that we all had the "Black Friday Fever" we were under the impression that the model number was G575 not G575-4383. So when I sat in my chair in the freezing cold for 17 hours I actually thought I was getting a $500 laptop for $200 because I was #14th in line. I didn't think i was getting a laptop for $200 because it was made with cheaper parts, refurbish, one speaker one DIMM Slot. 

So do people have the right to be upset over one speaker? YES!

Do people have the right to be upset over one DIMM? YES!

Someone had to go through a lot of trouble to actually not install the DIMM and the speaker. The motherboard was design for these things as default. 

As I stated, you are preaching to the choir over here.

Moderator note; comment contravening the forum rules edited Forum Rules

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

your right and you caught me there :smileywink: even more important information because that information is necessary when you goto upgrade.  And according too www.crucial.com that model laptop it says 2 204 pin dimms slots not 1 I am not Lenovo or a in charge of a company but if so I would make sure the consumer got the right information before the special black friday busiest shopping day of the year when its different than what its labeled.  

The type of DDR 3 and how many SO-DIMM slots are whats important when upgrading  and I was under the impression I was getting a G575 saving 300$ that has 2.  2 slots are way cheaper than 1 when I max out the memory.

It is Best Buy's /Lenovo's fault for skipping details before black friday.  Now my shot at getting a good deal again is lost and the sacrifice for this was a waste.   The Toshiba laptop for 350 and the Gateway laptop for 350 are better laptops that are no longer available.