Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Arshes-Nei

Re: Best Buy sold me two Lenovo notebooks without left speakers!

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't say the 2gb stick vs 4gb is a lot of money difference.

It depends on the maker, and clock speed.

Basically when I look on Amazon, the difference between the 2 sticks can vary but it's about anywhere from a $5-10 dollar difference. So I can't really buy that argument because the cost for a 4gb stick isn't that expensive.

The speaker however, is a real problem because it's an apparent one. You can tell the sound is only coming out of one side. Like I said this was a dumb decision to make it a single speaker to the side. If they're really that desperate to cut down costs, they could have at least had the courtesy to configure the speaker to the center.

For all the people excusing Best Buy out of this, they're posting the specs. It means they had the specs and the omission is their fault as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying Lenovo is in the total clear for sending out confusing manuals for users and I'm really tired of the generic specs (but again Lenovo isn't the only one that does this practice and it's like leaving out ingredients for food - which is why eventually the FDA had to get involved).

However, looking at the build of the machine, I would have recommended this to a friend if she didn't mind the speaker and used headphones instead or just got a pair of externals. The G570 I had was pretty well built, unlike netbooks selling for the same price or more.

I mean I would have never camped out for this unit because of several reasons.

I am an illustrator and AMD/ATi drivers have given me headaches.

Only 2 USB ports. I use a tablet and other devices.

I have a busy schedule

So I can't "Get together" on the RAM issue when the arguments for it tend to be more greed based than (since Best Buy stated expandable to 4gb) but I can sympathize for the speaker issue because it's something many who go the laptop could immediately hear and there was nothing posted in the specs at all about it. Even the spec sheet brought out said "SPEAKERS"

Again, my issue is different though related to sound issues and horrible warranty support  http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Value-line/Depot-Support-Nightmare-with-Lenovo-G570-Soun... and http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Value-line/Lenovo-G570-Sound-Issues/td-p/421083

There is a defect shown on other posts that there are sound issues with G570 but I'm trying to figure out if it's with the B490 processor ones, or just any in that family line.

Again I sympathize with the speaker issue, but are your songs playing as they should, or do you get the skipping and stuttering William Shatner version?

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

I wouldn't say the 2gb stick vs 4gb is a lot of money difference.

It depends on the maker, and clock speed.

I compared 2 (4 gig) sticks witch = 8  and the cost of that is 30$,  vs a 1 8gig stick that cost 100 to 130$ alot more money.   

Its not greed sir what I purchased  was different then was published specs for this model.  

goto www.crucial.com and look up the specs for a Lenovo G575.  When you do it clearly states 2 204 Pin SO_DIMMS

All of that was factored in to this purchase before I lined up on black friday.  When I got home after purchasing I only saw 1 slott for  a upgrade and noticed the sound when coming hear. 

I don't know who to blame but its someone.  You might be right with Best Buy but I finger the makers more so the reseller.  The makers of the laptop have the real knowledge.  Best Buy is only the place where you can buy it.  

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

Also on lenovo's site it says that laptop will go up to 8 not 4 from what Best Buy posted

Punch Card
Arshes-Nei

Ok, for that Model #?

Where is it posted with the specs with that Model #?

I  do mean that Model # specifically, and not the generic G575 spec sheet.

Because as stated previously this was a special model for Best Buy. It's been stated people didn't have the specs for the 438343U model Number and couldn't find it on the site.

Paper Tape
mcjohansen

Can anyone tell me what type of RAM to buy for this laptop to upgrade?

I know it takes a 204-Pin DDR3 So-DIMM type of ram, but do I get (PC3 8500), (PC3 10600), or (PC3 10666)?

Also, what is the difference?  

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

Believe what you want but I know from the hardware, lenovo, and www.crucial.com that it can take  a single 8 gig stick. I already upgraded to 4 gigs without any issues  and I have no doubts in my mind that it can take 8.  If  not I flash the bios.  

The 438343U model is in the same family and has a 204 Pin DDR3 slot and they can handle 8 gigs.  

Here's a link from crucial that specifically specialize in memory upgrades.  I know its for the generic G575 but just minus 1 slot and its still the same motherboard with the same chipset.  

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Lenovo%20G575&Cat=RAM

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

O I forgot to say I read previous posts about the missing specs, speakers,  and is aware what mark did.  

Punch Card
jangjong

so what is the status on everyone?

was anyone able to talk to Lenovo / Best Buy directly about this?

Did anyone get any solution out of it?

Paper Tape
mcjohansen

Deal Alert

Guys check this out from Newegg.com

4GB Ram for $13.99!  Thats with free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231341

Make sure you enter this promo code at check out.  The deal expires tomorrow.

EMCJHKJ22

I paid 188.99 for the laptop.  $13.9 for the computer.  Final cost came to 202.98 for a brand new laptop with 4GB of ram.

Paper Tape
mcjohansen

I meant 13.99 for the Ram.  You get the idea