Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
medmansri

Re: Best Buy sold me two Lenovo notebooks without left speakers!

I'm one the disgruntled Lenovo customers and this has been a strange experience. 

At first notice, I thought the laptop is defective and tried to uninstall/install sound card drivers.  I even did a clean install of Windows 7 to no avail.

Anyhow, spoke with Bestbuy to exchange but they said there weren't anymore units available anywhere.  I thought my only option remaining is to send it to Lenovo for repair.  Until I came across this post.

It's absolutely ridiculous to think a speaker on a laptop was left out to save cost. 

I hope there will be a solution available for all of us.

Fanfold Paper
moor5541

I too am in a similar boat with everyone else. Not only do I have one speaker,

I have opened a service call with Lenovo hardware support and they aware of this issue. Advised me to call best buy store for exchage or replace.

Called best buy and they agreed for replacment laptop with the same price. Will see tomorrow, how that goes.

Punch Card
jangjong

moor5541,

do you know which laptop they will replace this with? 

i mean with the price we paid for this laptop, we really can't get any better laptops.

For me, if i can exchange it with a laptop with similar spec, then i would be okay..

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

I can live without the left speaker but only 1 SO-DIMM slot I can't.  Can I exchange this laptop with the real G575 model that has 2 SO-DIMM slots?? the 300 megahertz difference between the E450 and E300 isn't a big deal to me and I love everything about this laptop and would love to keep it.  I would pay shipping for an exchage.  

Fanfold Paper
rtd2

[ Edited ]

The "Missing "speaker is a NON issue for me and to be honest I can live with the 1 DIMM slot. but I think its more of a PR problem for BB and Lenovo. But this has happend many times before with other Mfg. and they have to do is say it was a mistake in the ad. I have no intrest in sending mine in to exchange.* MAYBE* Lenovo could simply ship us an 8gig stick of ram or max Ram this system can run as a peace offering :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
angryone

I guess i will be frequeting this forum...

I also stayed up unitl 6am getting the Black friday special I just got my shipped noticed today. I'm starting to feel a bit of the buyers remorse after reading whats going on.

I am a techy,   so i planned on taking it apart 2 minutes out of the box.  I'm glad i found this before i bought some ram trying to max this thing out.  

I'm kinda scared wondering whats going to happen when i go to use this thing regularly.

I have never had an IBM or lenovo computer before so i just assumed they were trying to get some much needed brand building going with this deal but this is a world class fail. 

I'll post about my pc when it arrives..  : /  ~sigh

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

I love everything about the laptop, you  said you just got your shipped today??? Did you somehow buy it online or did you send it in at Best Buy or Lennovo for exchange??

Punch Card
jangjong

jbird2383,

I think he got it online and so did I. It was avaiable online at 6 am on Thanksgiving Day.

There is a lot of people that didn't get theirs shipped until recently because they were back ordered.

Fanfold Paper
jbird2383

I camped out for 30 hours for this laptop.  All I know  is what are my choices and options.  I want the same laptop just with 2 S0-DIMM sockets  Can I exchange this one with the real G575 that has 2 SO-DIMM sockets as a equal exchanged merchandise for the same price since I was under the impression that was what I was suppose to get and was falsy advertised??  If not at Best Buy would Lenovo be willing to do it and as I stated b4 I would pay for the shipping fee's.  

I don't mind the cut cost of a slower clocked APU or a missing left speaker, but the only 1 DIMM slot really limits my upgrade.  I don't expect this under cost cutting from IBM/Lenovo thats why I bought it otherwise I could just bought a Dell or HP that is well known for doing stuff like that, then again, nowadays I might of been better off.  

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Clarification - Specifications for Black Friday G575 type 4383-43U

All,

After a deeper investigation, it turns out that this is as some have suggested - that this particular G575 configuration identified by the 4383-43U model type was a specific configuration offered for the black friday promotion through Best Buy.

This particular  model of G575 is equipped with 1 speaker, 1 memory dimm socket (ships with 2GB Installed) and has 2 USB connectors.  The systems purchased through Best Buy are not missing components and were not a manufacturing error. 

The datasheet found on the Lenovo website was a general sheet and reflected models of the G575 being sold through Lenovo direct - starting at $559.   The G575 sold through Lenovo direct is equipped with 2 speakers, 3 USB ports, 2 dimm sockets and ships with higher specs (larger HDD and Memory config).  In fairness, they are also about 3 times the price of the black friday config being offered at $179 on the best buy site.

We are updating the datasheet on our website to clarify the specs and avoid confusion.

Here are the specs of the 4383-43U

Part Number

4383-43U

Processor

AMD Dual-Core Processor E-300 (1.3GHz, 1MB Cache)

Operating System

Genuine Windows®  7 Home Premium 64

Display/Resolution

15.6’’ high-definition (1366*768), 16:9 widescreen

Video Graphics

Integrated AMD RadeonTM HD 6310

Memory

2GB DDR3 1066MHz memory

Hard Disk Drive

250GB 5400rpm

Optical Drive

Tray-in Rambo drive (DVD/CD Combo burner/reader)

Sound

1x1.5W

Integrated Communications

802.11 b/g/n WiFi, 10/100M LAN

Connectors

2xUSB2.0, headphones, mic, VGA, RJ45

Camera

0.3M integrated web camera

Weight

5.73 lbs  with 6-cell battery

Dimensions

14.8” x 9.8” x 1.37”  

Battery Life

Up to 4 hr with 6 cell battery

Included Software*

OneKey Rescue System, Lenovo Energy Management, Windows Live Toolbar, VeriFace,  Adobe Acrobat Reader,  Power 2Go, ReadyComm, MS Office 2010 Starter Edition, Lenovo DirectShare, McAfee AntiVirus Plus Trial Version

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество