Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
MacFrugal

Re: Best Buy sold me two Lenovo notebooks without left speakers!

[ Edited ]

I camped out for 17 days drinking rainwater and eating the weeds that grew between the cracks of the pavement outside Best Buy to buy this laptop.

Seriously, it's irrevelvant if you waited in a line for 30 hours (an incredible waste of time IMHO) or bought it from the warm comfort of your home. It wasn't sold as having two DIMM slots - does the processor even support two DIMMS?

I definitely understand the expectation that there would be two speakers. My question is: Is the sound monaural or is it the left channel of stereo sound? That I want to know.

Punch Card
jangjong

Re: Clarification - Specifications for Black Friday G575 type 4383-43U

[ Edited ]

Mark,

So this is your solution? I know it has one speaker and one dimm socket, but why weren't we informed of this before? Why are we getting this information now? We had the right to know that it had one speaker and one dimm socket.

I undersatnd Best Buy is just a seller so they didn thave the specific spec, but you guys are updating this now?  After people buying the laptop? I did not find anything about this laptop until you posted that spec up.

Really disappointed by Lenovo. This problem is still not resolved. You guys really need to do something about it.

And in fairness, that G575 laptop that you are talking about, which is 3 times the price, was sold about $180 and frys.com. If I knew it only had one speaker and one dimm socket, I would've stayed up for THAT deal than this best buy deal.

all i can get from your information, is that we got scammed 

Fanfold Paper
rtd2

Okay now that we've established its only got One DIMM slot and One speaker. Can SOMEONE CONFIRM HOW MUCH ddr3 pc 10600 RAM this laptop will hold? thanks

Paper Tape
skkhai

[ Edited ]

I see that the second SODIMM socket isn't installed in this G575 iteration and wanted to expand on the previous question by asking if the circuitry for it just simply doesn't exist or is it theoretically possible to enable the second DIMM by soldering in a socket?

I'm aware that any attempts to open the laptop will null any warranty that I have.

Paper Tape
shreekar

Betreff: Clarification - Specifications for Black Friday G575 type 4383-43U

To: Mark,

So basically LENOVO is trying to sell an ASS in a disguise of a HORSE. Why don't you state it clearly beforehand saying we have started manufacturing donkeys.. not any more horses, at least it helps us make right decisions about who we are dealing with.... what a frustration.

Who would expect that LENOVO would sell something so called a "laptop" which is just no more than a netbook and that even in the "Black Friday" with the so called DEAL... is that a DEAL? is that a door buster price? your reply itself says that the price 179.99 ($200 including the tax) is a regular price after compromising on so many components (on top of you gave people false impression giving false tech specs).

If you expect to sell these laptops in that price then what the hell you are luring customers saying it is a door buster price. I am fed up now. This is my first purchase with LENOVO and I had it enough.

Can anybody tell me, is there a way that we take this matter to the consumer protection right?

Punch Card
jangjong

shreekar,

that is my exact thoughts. thank you for stating it out so clearly. This was my first lenovo purchase too. Before this purchase, I've told many people to buy lenovo, but this whole incedent changes everything.

I would also like to know if we can take this matter to the consumer protection right. 

Fanfold Paper
Sapusa

Me too, I would like to know if anything can be done to correct this problem caused by BB and Lenovo.
Punch Card
leungsk

This is so lame and borders on being deceptive and ridiculous. This 1x1.5W sound number came out from nowhere and had never shown up before - it was conspicuously absent in Best Buy's specs. Which computer manufacturer with an ounce of self-respect would in this day produce a laptop without 2-channel sound (and worse not being forthright on it)?!

Whatever remaining glow that was left from the pc assets acquired from IBM has gone down the drain. Mind you, Lenovo, you're not operating in the Chinese market here.
Fanfold Paper
MANTI5

Completely deceptive! I would not have purchased this laptop if I had known all this. There were better deals to be had if we knew the real specs on this toy.
Punch Card
managerjosh

Mark:

My concern is turning from one that is mild concern to one that is of grave concern.

What's Fair:

First of all, the USB 2.0 ports is fair game. It is clearly spelled out on the website for Best Buy that there is 2 (TWO) USB 2.0 Ports on the Laptop. Anyone who complains otherwise that they didn't know clearly saw the price and did not do their homework.

What's Not Fair:

To me, what is not fair, and is borderline deception, and fraudulent is the inner workings of the notebook. Had fair disclosure been in place, I would definitely side with you and Lenovo.

Speakers: No where on the Best Buy website was it written there was a single speaker. Furthermore, according to Lenovo G575 documentation, it indicates all units have two speakers.

Memory Slot: Likewise above, no where on the Best Buy website was it written there was a single speaker. Furthermore, according to Lenovo G575 documentation, it indicates we have two slots.

In short, there was no written or documented warning ANYWHERE that we were missing the above. 

Asking us to purchase more expensive notebook would put Lenovo into violation of bait and switch laws. The post-sale amendment to any documentation is of even greater concern as it almost serves as one to justify the sales tactics. 

Likewise with jangjong, had I also too known this unit lacked one speaker and one memory slot, I too would have been out at Fry's first thing 12AM and seized one of those units. My impression was this was simply a unit with less memory (2x1GB), smaller hard drive (250GB vs 320GB), and less powerful processor (E300 vs E350).

No where did I get the impression it was a notebook that is completely cannibalized in terms of the inner workings.

I am really tempted to call both Lenovo and Best Buy out on this one for False Advertising*. We depended on both of them for information to make the purchase. Unfortunately, that omission of information would have been enough to sway some of our decisions.

*False Advertising, defined as a "means of advertisement other than labeling, which is misleading in a material respect; and in determining whether an advertisement is misleading, there shall be taken into account (among other things) not only representations made or suggested by statement, word, design, device, sound, or any combination thereof, but also the extent to which the advertisement fails to reveal facts material in the light of such representations or material with respect to consequences which may result from the use of the commodity to which the advertisement relates under the conditions prescribed in said advertisement, or under such conditions as are customary or usual." (Wilson, Lee. "The Advertising Law Guide: A Friendly Desktop Reference for  Advertising Professionals." Allworth Press, NY, NY. 2000. 25.)