Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Lenutto

Cloned factory drive with Acronis True Image and have partition questions before I replace

Hi all-I like my Lenovo G555, but wanted a bigger drive. Got a Seagate Momentus XT 500Gb and put it in an external enclosure.  I ran the Seagate discWizaard (rebranded Acronis) and left it set to auto create the drive structure during the clone.  My original factory drive had a C partition set to 105 Gb and a D partition set to 29 Gb plus a hidden partition and some stray unused space (?).  Now after the clone I see a 328 Gb partition and a 91 Gb partition on the new drive.  I am wondering if I should re-run the clone and set the Acronis software to custom so that it doesn't upsize the hidden partition.

As it is it looks like I am losing a fair amount of storage space to the hidden partition.  I did see that when left to auto it would add generous amounts of space to each partition based on the total drive capacity.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Cloned factory drive with Acronis True Image and have partition questions before I replace

hi lenutto

can you check if you have any unallocated space? also, try one key recover button, if it works, i believe you won't need to re-clone.

http://www.ki-themes.com