Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
donequis

Complaint about technical service in Argentina

I was writing a mail about the Argentinean technical support and when I started to look where to send it I found no address I could send it. Instead I found this forum.

There are details I just didn't put to prevent making the mail larger and others I "censored" for not making public specific information. If you know someone I could send this message, I would be glad to know.

In a few words what I'm going to say is that service in Argentina is not good.

Original mail:

Hello

I'm writing from Argentina to tell you a short story about Lenovo's technical service that may interest you.

Last December a bought a G460 and after a few months of use (perhaps 2 or 3) unfortunately the J key started to look almost broken. In July it finished to break and I decided to call technical support to know if the warranty covered the failure. They told me it did so on August 1st I brought the notebook. I was informed that changing the keyboard could take from 7 to 11 days max depending if they already had a keyboard or not in Buenos Aires. The notebook was received by ******. CRM: **** CBP (or OBP, or ABP, don't understand the character) ****

About 15 days later I receive no call, so I decided to call to know how it was going. I don't remember exactly the talk, but nothing was said and next day my mother called and she was told to wait between 6 and 7 more days.

About 12 days later (just to point it, it was more than the maximum time I was told it could take to repair the PC) my mother called again to know the situation. This time they said that the keyboard was ordered on August 16th or 17th, and that shipment takes about 20 days, so in about a week we would be receiving news.

Today, more than a more later than that day, I still have no idea of when I'm going to receive my notebook back. My mother and I called again to Lenovo and were even told that the piece was already here and that we soon will be contacted to retrieve the product. I was supposed to be called on Monday 19th or 20th, but not only I wasn't called, but I had to called many different numbers until getting different answer than "we are in a call center and have no idea of the particular situation behind that the piece arrived Buenos Aires". After insisting I could get the telephone number of the people who precisely brings the technical support last week and I was told that the keyboard is being retained in customs.

I'm sending this mail for many reasons:
1. To know if this is true.
2. To inform you that there's a lack of service in Argentina that I don't know if you are aware of.
3. I don't know what else to do. I just want my computer back. I'm a programmer and not being able to program everywhere narrows my productivity severally.

And allow me to express it: it is just one simple key. If they just put a T instead of the a J in that place I would just not care. If they just give me the key to put it myself, I would just not care. It is just one simple key. Why do I have to wait 2 months to not even know when I'm going to receive the notebook back? One key. One.

Thank you.

Matias 

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Complaint about technical service in Argentina

hey donequis,

apologies on what had happen, could you pm to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

( To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find )

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.