Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
johnalexwood

Cursor randomly jumps to another place in the document

I have a G550 which doesn't seem to be listed in the Category dropdown below (so I just chose any one). You once helped me upgrade the touchpad/keyboard driver to stop the cursor jumping. It's happened again so can you pls tell me what I need to do to sort it? How come it happened again?
RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Re: Cursor randomly jumps to another place in the document

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

Is this issue happening when you are typing in the document or it is happening always?

You may please check by disabling the touchpad using Fn + F6 button

Also please try updating the Bios   & touchpad drivers.

32 Bit - Bios   ,  64 Bit - Bios

Touchpad Drivers - Win XP , Touchpad Drivers - Win 7 (32 Bit)

Touchpad Drivers - Win Vista (64 Bit) , Touchpad Drivers - Win Vista (32 Bit)

Touchpad Drivers - Win 7 (64 Bit)

After Updating go to control panel , mouse , settings  and  reduce the tapping sensitivity  & also check the option to disable tapping while typing

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with Kudos!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!  This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!