what can I do

can I make a norton ghost from another lenovo G550

if could how

please help me

Punch Card
Ringo

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on Y410

Hi!

I have a Lenovo G 550 and my NOVO button is working now like a power button.I use EasyBCD to make a dual boot with options Windows and Linux.When i choose Linux ,i enter in onekey recovery menu.How can i reenable the NOVO button to work properly again(without dual boot)?

Paper Tape
sivakumar

one key recovery not working

hey guys

listen up.....

My one key is not working..

I haven't partitioned my C drive but done the remaining.......

but now whenever I press the one key recovery button it simply shows "prog path not found"

What to do???

SDG
Fanfold Paper
SDG

Hooray!  The disappearing disk space problem is solved.  KD6ADJ was right way back in December 2008.   The problem isn't a partition problem, and it's not even a Lenovo problem.  It's a Vista problem!  Apparently the system restore feature (a protective device) keeps copying the hard drive.  You've got to delete the old copies or old copies keep building until they simply consume the hard drive.

It's easy to delete old copies of the hard drive through the Disk Cleanup function.  Go to Disk Cleanup, select "Files from all users on this computer," then select the C drive for clean up, then let it run.  When the dialog box pops up, asking you to select the files for clean up, select instead the "More Options" tab.  The choose for clean up the bottom selection -- "System Restore  and Shadow Copies."  NOTE:  This will delete all but the most recent system restore point.  If you want to save more than the most recent restore point, you've got to delete old copies manually.  I chose to clear everything but the most recent restore point and, within seconds, I had regained all the space on my C drive except the not quite 30 GB that Vista uses.  No repartitioning, no nothing.  Just lots of beautiful space.

A far better explanation of the problem can be found at the following website:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2262&page=7

A far better explanation of the solution can be found here:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2262&page=9

Whew!!

Fanfold Paper
dgerkineye

I read the solution but it does not help my problem. I have added nothing, that I know to the C drive but most each time I boot I get the message that the C drive is almost full. I have moved My Document to the D and download non native programs to the D drive. Need advice since I cannot even do updates

DR G

Blue Screen Again
alwaysnitin

[ Edited ]

I have lenovo Y500 laptop, the Novo button is now working as a power button, when i press it, it turns on the laptop instead of going into the recovery interface

I have used the recovery feature in the past many times, can anyone help me resolve it please?

I have not changed the C drive size.

Many thanks

Nitin

What's DOS?
flamer

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on G550G

Hi,

i have a lenovo G550G laptop. i tried to burn a Factory Recovery DVD using Onekey Recovery tool. i chose Create Recovery disk, selected Factory Default recovery disk and got to the burning options. I realized I do not have any blank dvd so I close the program. The service partition became visible. When i tried again to burn the Factory Default recovery disk I received the following error: The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable. I tried to hide gaain the partition, but still could not get it working. Is there any solution for the problem?

Thanks

Paper Tape
chsriman

Lenovo Hidden partition visible.

I have the same problem. Once I burned the recovery disks for the factory default restore option, the hidden partition is visible and when I try to burn another set of recovery disks, I get an error saying that the service partition is not found.

Paper Tape
HemendraJani

Hello Mark Hopkins,

I am one of the frustrated  customer of Lenovo Y410 notebook like many other customer on this forum I also made note of your posts which instructs all users of Y410 not to resize the C: partition in any circumstances. I ran in to this problem reaching the capacity of C: partition of 29.29 GB and I have gone through all temp and other memory consuming files to best of my knowledge out of C: partition but I constantly keep getting this message of C: "drive is full and I cannot run the program." I tried to take this up with your support team by calling your  toll free number 877-453-6686 I got connected to your system support team and also has to speak to their leader Jerry in Philippines he offered to help after I agree to pay $49 for out of warranty help then after some negotiations he agreed to send me a disk to repartition my hard disk to change the size of my C: partition well 5 weeks after we spoke I have yet to see the "promised disk to reformat my hard disk partition so this evening I called them again and Jerry  tells me there is no fix for changing the size of partitions. 

My question is do you really have a fix for this problem or you are going to leave your customer hanging to figure out on their own? I simply don't understand why would you have chosen the partition sizes that creates such problem and it really is a software fix what does it take to increase the size of C: partition from 29.29GB to some thing larger. Please advise what are my options to get over this issue?

Paper Tape
hjstephens

"HemendraJani wrote:

Hello Mark Hopkins,

I am one of the frustrated  customer of Lenovo Y410 notebook like many other customer on this forum I also made note of your posts which instructs all users of Y410 not to resize the C: partition in any circumstances. I ran in to this problem reaching the capacity of C: partition of 29.29 GB and I have gone through all temp and other memory consuming files to best of my knowledge out of C: partition but I constantly keep getting this message of C: "drive is full and I cannot run the program." I tried to take this up with your support team by calling your  toll free number 877-453-6686 I got connected to your system support team and also has to speak to their leader Jerry in Philippines he offered to help after I agree to pay $49 for out of warranty help then after some negotiations he agreed to send me a disk to repartition my hard disk to change the size of my C: partition well 5 weeks after we spoke I have yet to see the "promised disk to reformat my hard disk partition so this evening I called them again and Jerry  tells me there is no fix for changing the size of partitions. 

My question is do you really have a fix for this problem or you are going to leave your customer hanging to figure out on their own? I simply don't understand why would you have chosen the partition sizes that creates such problem and it really is a software fix what does it take to increase the size of C: partition from 29.29GB to some thing larger. Please advise what are my options to get over this issue? "

I also had problems with the small size of the C drive on my Y410. It rapidly filled and I was told that "drive is full and cannot run the program". After becoming frustrated at not receiving an adequate answer as to how to re-partition the drives, I took the more drastic step of copying all my files from the C drive onto backup disks and the using the NOVO button to reformat the C drive to the state that it was in when it left the factory.

By doing so, I was able to free up about 15 to  20GB of space on the C drive and programs then would load and run. After doing this, I reinstalled files from the  backup discs to the D drive and now I am more careful to ensure that anything that is placed in memory goes to the D drive rather than the C drive. The Y410 now works beautifully. This was accomplished about 1 year ago, and I have had no subsequent problems.

The small size of the C partition makes sense in that only the most important programs are loaded on this portion of the drive and are separated from the rest of the drive in case a reformat is required if the drive becomes contaminated. The problem arises in that most users (and most programs) assume that the C drive should be the destination when downloading new programs. On this machine, the user has to be more vigilant to ensure that the programs and files  have a destination on the D drive rather than the C drive so that the small C drive does not fill up too quickly.

Also, there are some programs that don't give the user an option as to on which drive they should be loaded--Google Earth comes to mind--so I choose to forgo putting them on this machine.

Refer to your manual as to the use of the NOVO button----GOOD LUCK!

John Stephens

Charlotte, NC  USA