Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
ralhanrk

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on Y410

Now if the OKR has stopped working there has to be a damage control from Lenovo. But why Lenovo the creator of OKR is not able to repair the fault. The mistake of changing the disk space is being done by many, Lenovo has to give a solution to damaged OKR. Is there any Lenovo service personnel on line.

Expect a favourable response from one of Lenovo centre.

Blue Screen Again
hacktrix2006

Will you stop spamming the forum topic, if you read it right if you have resized C: it will not work as it will hang half way into restoring.

Fanfold Paper
tbolzani

I have an u350 notebook and i want to resize my partitions.

I just want to know if windows 7 may doesent work after resizing de partitions, or the only consequence is losing my one key recovery features?

I would like also to know how can i obtein an windows 7 bootable dvd, so that i can reinstall windows 7 without the one key recovery? Can i creat it using the original image in my HD?

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
mor2020

3000 recovery partition formatted

I have beloved N100 3000 lenovo (the model is 0768-4BG) sorrilly I formatted the recovery partion when I was running linux on this system. I have a set of recovery DVD's, made before the trouble.

My question is

"could the recovery partition be recovered when I run the recovery DVD's or they recover the C partion only?"

As there is no recovery partition the recovery botton does not work but I have a start up disk which could run the recovery.

Fanfold Paper
mor2020

I formatted the recovery partition mistakenly but I have a set of recovery DVD''s

can i recover the "recovery partion" by running the recovery dvd's or they will recover the drive C only?

Blue Screen Again
hacktrix2006

Yes that will restore the recovery Partition!

Blue Screen Again
R_Duane

When I received my Y410 now some years ago, it did not give me the option to create backup DVD's. Now I require something other than the "button". Catastrophic HDD failure. Did your unit give you the option to create backup media? If not, were you able to purchase from Lenovo? Where?

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
mor2020

hacktrix2006 thank you for your answer.

When I was making the backup (its goes back to 3 years ago and I don't remember the details) I selected to backup the C drive or windows only or something like that. Do you think I still could get the recovery partition back by running the backup?

"

I formatted the recovery partition mistakenly but I have a set of recovery DVD''s

can i recover the "recovery partion" by running the recovery dvd's or they will recover the drive C only?

"

hacktrix2006 wrote:

Yes that will restore the recovery Partition!

Blue Screen Again
hacktrix2006

unless you have a factory restore backup then the recovery partition will not be there.

If you did C: only that is what you'll only get.

Fanfold Paper
mor2020

So as my warranty is expired there's no way to install a fresh windows unless I buy a new one. Is there any other way?

hacktrix2006 wrote:

unless you have a factory restore backup then the recovery partition will not be there.

If you did C: only that is what you'll only get.