Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
ralhanrk

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on Y410

I have 3000G530 purchased at USA and being used in India. I tried to resize the partition and OKR is corrupt. I had treid Lenovo India through service centre, but after 4 months I am told that the system cannot be repaired, since it is from USA. model no. 444623U. Please help.

Regards,

R K Ralhan

Community Moderator
yigit

@ ralhanrk

if you don't have valid international warranty, it cannot be repaired in other countries.

you need to ship your laptop back to u.s..

please check your iws from here.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
RTPSEV

[ Edited ]

It seems like I’ve met across a problem with OKR.

My NB is G565 and it shipped with FreeDOS. I used Ubuntu’s 10.10 gparted to slice the hdd’s space with option “align to cylinders”; the service partition has been left intact.  FreeDOS partition was deleted and 2 new partitions were created, and then resized within the gparted.  Now layout of my disk looks like  80G win7; 150G data; 1G OEM

Then I used OKR (yeah just from freshly installed win7x64 msdn_aa image) to create a backup image, which it put onto the 150G partition. Backup goes smoothly… After which the funniest things happen.

If I run OKR from Win7 and then choose to restart the NB into Recovery Environment it restarts, but the only thing I can see is cmd.exe window, whenever I close this window the machine restarts to the installed OS.  The point is that when I first launched recovery environment I was able to see the full featured OKR window with those nice buttons of choice what to do. So the question is: what killed the OKR on the OEM partition? Ok… ok… How to patch this back to normal state???

The actions were done by this way:

1. First install

bootup Ubuntu 10.10 from usb stick

gparted -> deleting FreeDOS slices

partitioning (align to cyl) custom way.

(not touching oem slice )

2. installing Win7

playing around  with lenovo drivers set and getting acquainted with NB ;-)

3. First attemp to recover to the factory defaults.

Pushing that OKR button, booting into the recovery mode

The programm yells about absense of system image...

ok, nothing to do, reboot.

4.  Some repartioning w/ubuntu (anyway the scheme is the same one C: partition for system and one D: for stuff) + OEM

Windows clean install.

5. installing OKR program in win.

6. launching the OKR inside windows, and making backup on the D:

it selects default location like d:\lenovo\*****\\*.wsi

7. Shut down

8. OKR button, booting up.

but instead of the OKR application it

boasts with "cmd.exe" console window. 8-/

closing window causes reboot to the OS installed.

Is this related to my post, I see the same

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-S-series-Netbooks/OneKey-recovery-boots-but-program-does-not-run...

But it's better to have all in one solution i mean it would be tough to set the oem partition active if the installed OS is broken.

Yeah, 3rd party utils and distros can help, but they are not always at hand.

Fanfold Paper
ralhanrk

Sir,

You expect me to ship the system to US from India. This may cost me the value of a new Laptop. This is a special feature Lenove is giving and should be available for free download in the company site.

ralhan rk

Community Moderator
yigit

@ ralhanrk

i'm not sure if lenovo send recovery discs but it may help. ( they may charge you )

call lenovo support line for india. maybe they can help you.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
RTPSEV

Oooopps, just read the topic from  the very beggining...

So is the only way to contact the  local lenovo service point?

Fanfold Paper
ralhanrk

I have tried all the levels in India. They seem to be helpless. This is rubbish for the product developed specially for your system and repairs not available easily.

Punch Card
RTPSEV

Contacted a local service point today.

my problem is solved now.  :smileyvery-happy:

Fanfold Paper
khelendra

one key recovery query

i have a lenovo y500 with windos vista basic preinstalled....with one key recovery.....so if i upgrade my OS to win 7 and then in future if press the one key recovery button would the win vista basic be recovered again....

and what if i plan to resize the other partition on my laptop without any OS installed and try to install another version of windows or ubuntu on it...would that affect the one key recovery....????

Bit Torrent
Vince69

Re: one key recovery query

Hello mate,

Yep you are right if you use onekey recovery, it will reinstall vista.

To resize the other partition, you have to be very carefull to don't touch the recovery partition and it should be ok.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw