Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

[ Edited ]

Why does my Hard Disk Drive (HDD) capacity appear to be smaller than expected?

(This tip applies to Lenovo 3000 Y410, IdeaPad Y510, IdeaPad Y710, and Lenovo 3000 K100 Desktops)

fficeffice" prefix="o" />

Lenovo creates three partitions on the installed Hard Disk Drive:

1.     The smaller drive commonly known as the C drive which contains Windows and your pre-installed software. The C drive should NOT be resized otherwise your OneKey recovery may no longer operate.

2.     The larger drive known as the D drive which is ready for storing your personal data files such as videos, music, pictures etc. Both the C and D drives are visible in Windows but the D drive is MUCH larger to hold all your personal data. The C drive should NOT be resized otherwise your OneKey recovery may no longer operate.

3.     The Service Partition (the partition without a drive letter) is used by the OneKey recovery system to backup and recover the C partition. This invisible partition requires only 18GB to 20GB of HDD space. The service partition should NOT be deleted otherwise your OneKey recovery will no longer operate.

One advantage of having these partitions is the protection of your personal data. In the event you need to use the OneKey recovery system, the personal data stored on the D drive will not be erased as the files on the C drive are restored.

Disk Management is an installed tool which will allow you to view these three partitions. You may access Disk Management by selecting Control Panel -> Management Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management.

* Actual size of the invisible partition may vary based on the model and preload.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
apoen

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on Y410

I'm using Y400, and I have already resizing C partition and then ONEKEY can not operate anymore. What should I do to make ONEKEY can operate again? :mansad:
Paper Tape
lmxung

I'm using lenovo Y410, windows vista home.
I used onkey recovery function but when i go to the third step, it warn that " your partition is different ...
and stop working. I think it I have a proplem with the Service Partition.
How can I do to make this function operate again?
Could you show me the way to create onkeyrecover myself in the service partition?
Retired Guru
skripatch

It's a pity, but service partition may be recovered in authorised service only.
Deleting service partition doesn't cause warranty loss.
But recovery operation of this partition (in Russia for example) is not free - and it's right in my opinion.
//help will save the world
Fanfold Paper
kit513

guys, whats the default size of drive C, i already rezised it to 60GB i thought that onekey recovery will still work even if i resize the drive.
Paper Tape
seahmj

i am using this Y410, but i was looking at this button called Novo, which i believe it is the one key recovery button. However, i am unsure of how it works and i am wondering what happen if i press that button. Will this button delete all the programs in the system and reboot up and re-install the OS and the software that i get when i first buy them? and free up all the memory spaces in the computer to maximize the operating usage after the recovery?

Please advise!!!
Fanfold Paper
kit513

press it when laptop is on and it will change power schemes... but when you do it when the laptop is not powered on, it will then revert back to the manufacturer's default settings (will format your drive C:smileyhappy:
Paper Tape
alvinsktan

mARK,

FYI, I'm from Malaysia, my Lenovo G410 is a brand NEW.. there is some software crashes and i try to use the easy recovery to recover my system.. but when i presss the novo key what i get is a screen. i follow the instruction to end but it prompted partation defference with factory setting.. unable to proceed.

i do not know whAT IS WRONG BUT I'M INDEED crazy bout this already..

Paper Tape
hjstephens

Mark;

I have a Y410 that now has a full C drive and a mostly empty D drive due to the Novo partition.

Please advise as to how I can move programs from D to C so that I might be able to run programs for new applications( I keep receiving a message indicating that there is not enough space to run a program).

I have tried to move programs from C to D via a drag-and-drop and am unable to delete programs from C after moving to D--therefore I am unable to increase the size of available space on C drive.

My only other option is to delete the partition and lose the Novo option.

Thank you.

John Stephens

Paper Tape
chaitu_srisri

hi,

i am using a 3000 y410 56Q, this came with novo option. since i changed the partition of c-drive,i couldn`t use the Onekey Recovery option. Is there any way to sort it out. Can i know the default size of the c-drive to resume the Novo key or if ther are any other options to do the recovery working .

regards,

Chaitu