Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
ultramcu

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on Y410

Hi Mark,

I'm use Y410 and my HDD don't have a Service Partition  , How to Make a Service Partition ?  

P.S. Sorry for my English Skill.

Paper Tape
honest

I have a Y510, my C partition is 254 gigs, my D partition is 27 gigs, and my 1 touch recovery partition is 16.75 gigs.  My C drive partition is the one that came with the windows installation on it, so I am assuming that it is the partition that gets formatted if I use the one touch recovery.  My question is whether there is a way to patch or hack the one touch recovery on my computer so that i can resize the C and D partitions so that the sizes are reversed without disabling the recovery feature.

Secondly does anyone know why the One touch recovery requires the sizes of the partitions to be locked when it would probably make more sense to just limit the minimum sizes of the partitions for it to work.  

Paper Tape
honest

All I am really looking for is a simple way to restore my original factory defaults if i ever need them, i dont care that much about losing data since i tend to keep it backed up.  is it possible to just get a recovery disk instead of dealing with the one touch recovery.  It would be nice to be able to resize my partitions.
Serial Port
iamdh

@honest, not sure if this what you are looking for. Be careful and backup before playing with partitions/mbr.

http://www.download.com/Easeus-Partition-Manager/3000-2248_4-10863346.html

3000 N100-0768DKU
XP Home 5.01.2600 SP2
Ubuntu 8.04(hardy)
Retired Guru
ortegaluis

honest - In order for you to recover with OneKey on resized partitions, the factory image needs to be modified somehow to work with the resized partitions. For some reason, Lenovo locked the image to the factory partition sizes which isn't very smart. I believe Lenovo OneKey is powered by Cyberlink PowerRecover [atleast in the Y430 that I own] and this may allow you to modify the image. There is just one problem, this program is not available for download via Cyberlinks website and I haven't run accross another program capable of doing so. I have a feeling that maybe a file in the recovery partition is specifically made for determining partition sizes and could possibly be replaced with a new one for resized partitions and continue from there. I am sending a Y430 to Lenovo for disk reimaging and cannot test my theory just yet. I will try to get back to you on that.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Paper Tape
alvinsktan

I was wondering is there any technical ppl from LEnovo which is actively watching the forum which can assist us in this partation thingy...

I have not been getting any help on the NOVO one key recovery.

Paper Tape
tabedin

I would like to know the answer to John's question as well since I am in the same boat....
What's DOS?
abhinavcooldr

OneKey Recovery problem

:smileysad:Please help!! :smileysad:
I own a Lenovo Y410 notebook running on Vista Home Premium with factory setting partition as C: and D:. Last night i resize c:30gb to  40gb ,after this i press novo key  after 15 to 16 mins  installation is completed.but after full installation it says WMILIB.SYS is missing or corrupt.

What should I do to have the Lenovo "OneKey Recovery" back to its normal function?
Although I still can use the included Vista CD to reinstall the OS but still the "OneKey Recovery" make the whole process simplified.

thanx

Paper Tape
noybugs12

Hi Mark,

I also do have the same problem with the rest i accidentally patitioned my HD C: and D:to 100/60 my One key Sytem recovery now does'nt work :smileysad: i already check the warranty and it was still good. PC model is G410. Is there any way i could retrieve the one key recovery feature running through online support or should i contact my service provider? any advise on what should i do..

Punch Card
johnstephens

Don't expect ANY help on this forum. I have been waiting for an answer to a partitioning question for 6 weeks ( since 10/14/08) and have received no reply.................John Stephens