Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JaneL

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on Y410

[ Edited ]

johnstephens wrote:
Don't expect ANY help on this forum. I have been waiting for an answer to a partitioning question for 6 weeks ( since 10/14/08) and have received no reply.................John Stephens

I'm confused.  I checked your profile, and this appears to be your first message in the forum.  To whom did you address your question 6 weeks ago?

I'd like to remind everyone that while there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out, this is not an official support channel. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of them as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.  This is designed to be a user-to-user support forum.

Message Edited by nonny on 11-23-2008 10:05 PM

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
williamlu

hi. im using a Y400.. my C: is 20gb and D: is 80gb.

i have been using it for over a year or so and i notice my C: eats up space even when im not installing anything new.

last week i did a long overdue windows update, bout 400mb of updates files..and it ate up about 3GB of my C: space. and now my C: is a pathetic 1.5gb. anyone knows whats happening? is there anyway i can recover my space? and can the Novo button help me?

Punch Card
johnstephens

Hi Nonny;

My original post is on page one of this thread (10-14-08) and was addressed to Mark.

I misunderstood the concept of this forum, and believed there were Lenovo personnel here to offer advice and answers.

Thank you for your response.

John Stephens

Punch Card
johnstephens

nonny wrote:

johnstephens wrote:
Don't expect ANY help on this forum. I have been waiting for an answer to a partitioning question for 6 weeks ( since 10/14/08) and have received no reply.................John Stephens

I'm confused.  I checked your profile, and this appears to be your first message in the forum.  To whom did you address your question 6 weeks ago?

I'd like to remind everyone that while there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out, this is not an official support channel. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of them as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.  This is designed to be a user-to-user support forum.

Message Edited by nonny on 11-23-2008 10:05 PM

Nonny;

In my original post I stated that my C drive is full and that I want to move programs from "D to C". Actually,, I meant from C to D.....................Thanks again for your response.

John Stephens

Paper Tape
golem

I have just bought a G-serie Lenovo laptop with 250GB HDD. 190GB for C drive and only 30GB for D drive :smileymad:. And it is said that I should not resize C drive due to OneKey recovery. But I don't want to store my data in C drive because it is definitely wiped out during the recovery.

What can I do with 30GB in D drive? 30GB is nothing.:smileysad: Why not 30GB is for OS and 190GB for data?

Anyone knows any solution for this.

Punch Card
johnstephens

Either no one knows, or cares................

John Stephens

Retired Guru
ortegaluis

golem -  you may want to read the following thread. I wrote it and if your laptop uses OKR 6.0 and the recovery partition with Norton antivirus, you can partition it the way you want to following my instructions.

Click Here

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Paper Tape
cass

I have the same problem as John Stephens...Nonny, Mark, whoever, can you please answer? It seems like you have a handle on how to work these systems.

Mine is a Y300 model

Thanks

Punch Card
johnstephens

Cass;

I received advice as to how to handle the problem, but wasn't able to solve the issue and will now resort to simply backing up the hard drive and then utilizing the NOVO button and proceeding from there.

It was advised that I move programs from the C drive to the D drive and then delete those same programs from the C drive--easier said than done!

I was able to copy the selected programs individually and then add them to the D drive. I wasn't however, able to delete them from the C drive after I copied them to the D drive. Subsequently, I now have the same programs on the C and the D drive which just results in duplication and further loss of hard drive space without helping the issue of limited space on the C drive.

By utilizing the NOVO button, I hope to put the hard drive back to the state it was in when new. After that, I will not add any new programs unless I am given the option of which drive I would like to have the program installed on (D of course, because it is larger). My problem began when I was not given this option when downloading specific programs, and therefore they loaded to the C drive--now it is full and my computer is quite slow compared to when it was new.

If you try to move selected programs from C to D drive and ARE able to  subsequently delete them from the C drive, please reply with the method you used so others can follow your lead.

Thanks.

John Stephens

Paper Tape
cass

hey John,

does that also include all program files? I was told by friends that I am not supposed to mess with Program files...so I dont know.

In any case, whats this NOVO button? is it on the keyboard or is it under the computer somewhere? Thanks for the help!

Cass