Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
bodmas

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

no need of acronis software.

take steps as given below:

step-1: boot from OKR DVD and chose for option 1. go ahead and when asked for your prefered language chose it and let it complete. (now you need a windows DVD as now your HDD has no windows installed)

step-2: now boot from windows 7 DVD (if you want 3 paritions then boot from Vista DVD). Chose for the custom installationas shown below:

1.jpg

and under the below window:

2.jpg

please click on Drive Options (advanced) and here delete the C and D drive.

now your HDD is showing unallocated space along with one LENOVO_PART parition.

select the unallocated parition and start creating partitions according to your choice. if you have booted from windows 7 DVD then if you wnat to have C drive of 70 GB then click on "New" button and give a size 71800 as shown below and click apply:

3.jpg

now you have 70.1 GB of C drive created with one 100 MB system reserved partition automatically created. (when this C drive will be formated it will show only 70 GB). now select the rest unallocated space and again click on new and now click on apply with the rest space as you can't create more than 2 visible partitions under windows 7 DVD. so now you have C drive of 70 GB and D drive of 614 GB. ( if you have booted from vista DVD then you can create three paritions viz, C, D and E drive with the same process mentioned above)

step-3.: now install your windows 7 service pack 1 x64 bits OS on C drive. (you can install any operating system of your prefered choice) comlete the installation. activate it. you know how. now install all respective drivers on your system. install softwares (i have installed. adobe reader 10.1.2, adobe falsh palyer, firefox browser, win7 codecs, java runtime,(JRE), kaspersky internet security 2011, Office 2010 and activated it, lenovo onekey recovery software etc.) then I have deleted all the restore points and temp files. hibernation off (opened CMD as an administrator and put the command here: powercfg -h off ) it will reduce thje occupied space of your C drive.

So now you have complete installation of your preferred OS on your C drive.

step-4. : now once again boot from OKR engineering DVD and this time chose for option 2 and let it complete. it will ask for shutdown by pressing any key. let it shut down. now your laptop is under shut down condtion.

step-5; Now press the novo button of your laptop.

Photo-0048.jpg

voila, this time your okr has started to back-up your complete image of C drive into this OEM reserved parition namely hidden LENOVO_PART. let it complete. after comletion it will shut down. now your laptop is fully functional with novo button as factory made. now you can create recovery disk with all three options. you can any time recover your c drive by pressing NOVO button under shutdown condition. .

you can any time change the backup image of lenovo_part of with the current image of C drive by following the step-4 any time. unlimited time. tool is with you. forever.

enjoy. hope this time I made it clear.

have a nice day

What's DOS?
tryst1407

Thank Bodmas for your help. But I would like to keep the factory settings and not reinstall from a CD. I just want to resize the partition and not having to download all the drivers again... so... is my step by step reinstall with Acronis ok ?

Tahnk you !

SCSI Port
bodmas

@ tryst1407, I am not getting your point ?

OKR engineering DVD will not install any operating system or any drivers on your system. it will only create a lenovo_part (the OEM reserved partition) partition on your HDD with no back-up of OS in it. under option 1 (clean partition) will format your entire HDD. so you must need to install OS and its drivers and other software for the first time. it is must.

once you installed. just create a backup of system image recovery by follwoing the Step-4 and Step-5 as mentioned just in my earlier post.

its OK now. now onwards you will not need to install OS mannually in future.

or if you have already installed your preferred OS on your system then make a recovery image of this using acronis. keep backup of your all data and softwares stored on your HDD.

and now just follow step-1 and then resize your partitions according to your choice. now reinstate your c drive with the recovery image made with acronis software.

after reinstating your OS on c drive just follow the step-4 and step-5.

its done.

What's DOS?
tryst1407

Great, understood !

Paper Tape
richjackman

no one is seeding the engineering iso - any other download locations for it?

Paper Tape
richjackman

Hi -

replaced HDD with SDD - copied over boot partition, OS partition, and LENOVO_PART partition

The onekey recovery button can't find the service partition, but it IS there - is there someplace I can check to see where it is pointing to to make sure it is the right partition? 

SCSI Port
bodmas

[ Edited ]

richjackman wrote:

Hi -

replaced HDD with SDD - copied over boot partition, OS partition, and LENOVO_PART partition

The onekey recovery button can't find the service partition, but it IS there - is there someplace I can check to see where it is pointing to to make sure it is the right partition? 

please boot from OKR 7 engineering DVD and chose for option 3 (Fix ASD). let it complete and then restart your system. now your OKR (NOVO) button should work.

Bit Torrent
ishaan

hey bodmas will it work for y560 also
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Fanfold Paper
ychen428

Hi guys.

I have a Levono G560 that I want to partition. Could someone look over my partitioning plan?

Computer: Lenovo G560

Current Partitions
C Drive: 254 gb
D Drive: 29 gb
Drive for startup boot: 200 mb
Drive for OKR: ~15 gb

My goal
C Drive: 49 gb (for Windows 7, Drivers, Program files etc)
D Drive: 234 gb (for Data)
Drive for startup boot: 200 mb
Drive for OKR: ~15 gb

I have several questions.
1) Personally, I only use OKR for the factory reset. Will resizing the partitions affect the factory reboot? I know it affects the iso images, but the iso images take up too much room, so I don't use them.
2) The D Drive contains drivers and backups. Since I will not use the backups, only the drivers are important. Can I move the drivers to the C Drive? All drivers can be found on Lenovo's website.
3) Would it be possible to shrink the C Drive, delete the D Drive, and create a new partition for Data? Currently, moving the D Drive to the left is forbidden.

All of my data is backed up on flashdrives and I have the factory reset DVDs.

Many Thanks in Advance :smileyvery-happy:
-Yuting Chen

SCSI Port
bodmas

[ Edited ]

please use ptedit32.exe tool, a tiny tool to unhide your hidden OEM reserved partition. just google it and you will find. if not then send message me and i will provide you.

just run the ptedit32.exe as an administrator and you will see your last drive with type '12'. just change it to 07 and click on 'save changes'. reboot your system and now your OEM reserved parition will be unhidden. just copy all the contents of this parition and save in safe place, better in external HDD.

4.PNG

now run again ptedit32.exe as an administrator and now change the type of last drive from 07 to 12. save the change and reboot your system. now factory made oem parition is safe, you can anytime build at your choice using OKR engineering DVD.

1. in some system it works but few reports came in which it did not wok but now since you made a copy of OEM reserved parition so you can go ahead . no problem if it fails. you can create your own using OKR DVD as it is.

2.yes you can transfer the drivers folder from D drive to any other drive better make a DVD of it or save it in any other external storage for safe backup.

3. yes , you can do it.

no problem at all if you made a factory reset DVD. any time you can use it to make it like factory settings.

I have lenovo Z570 model laptop and in my case I deleted C and D drive (leaving 200 MB system parition and 14.9 GB OEM reserved parition untouched) and created C drive of size 70 GB and rest of 614 GB as D drive using windows 7 DVD and installed the win7. HDD: 750 GB)

and then shut down the system and pressed the NOVO button and it worked very well.

so no problem. just go ahead and feed back your result here. I am here to solve your problem.

have a nice day.