Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
irvine

Display resolution (3000 C200, WindowsXP)

[ Edited ]

I have a 3000 C200 laptop. I recently presented a presentation to a client (I work as a freelancer). At the end of the presentation, I chose the display as 1024x768 and closed my laptop (NOT shutting it down).

I later opened (resumed the sessions), carried on working, and then closed again (again, not shutting it off).

After doing this a few times, I shut down the computer and restarted.

However when it started up the display was not resumed in the normal mode (it almost appears as a lower resolution).

I rechecked the settings of the display and ensured it is 1024x768. The icons and screen are "offset" - too large for the display (the working space is larger than what I can view on the screen).

If anyone understands my detail of the problem and has a solution .... your assistance would be much appreciated !

Message Edited by irvine on 07-27-2008 11:15 PM
Fanfold Paper
buderim

Re: Display resolution (3000 C200, WindowsXP)

Hi,

I have the same problem, 

I am unable to set the resolution to the correct screen size, I have downloaded the correct drivers from Lenovo.

can any one help ?

Fanfold Paper
buderim

Hi ,

I have spent the last day trying to resolve the problem without any success.

This is a bit hard to explain but I will try.

I have the correct resolution and I have tried all the different settings I can find , I even have a problem viewing all the screen in the bios settings.

The viewable screen is off set, I have a black border  40mm wide on the left of the screen and a 10 mm border on the top off the screen . if this was a desktop I could adjust the screen position with the monitor controls but as it is a notebook I cant find any controls to move the screen about.

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
buderim

Hi ,

I have now found the problem , but I dont know how to fix it.

If I look in windows display settings the monitor resolution is set at 1024 x 768 which is correct.

If I look in the intel GMA graphics settings the resolution is set at 1024 x 768 which is correct.

BUT when I look at the intel GMA Information / notebook screen the only supported mode is 1280 x 800   , for some reason the chipset thinks it is supporting a 1280 x 800 screen and that is why my display is off center .

Can anyone suggest how I can change the settings ?

Fanfold Paper
buderim

Even though nobody can help.

I thought I would give a update.

I have flashed the bios and I re-loaded the intel chipset and video drivers.

This didnt make any difference I still had the screen problem.

I have still been using the laptop but viewing a small off center screen .

Today I turned it on and it is back to normal , I have no idea why , as I havnt updated or tried anything for a week or so.

So if you get this problem it may fix it self over time .

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mappi

Wrong Detection Of Native Internal Display Resolution On Boot (1280x800 instead of 1024x768)

[ Edited ]

Hello Everybody!

Your thread is the reason I registered for the lenovo forum.

We have the same problem with our Lenovo 3000 C200.

It seems the GMA 950 recognizes / detects the display with a wrong native resolution.

This is NOT a software/driver issue, and has nothing to do with the OS:

You may notice, right after powering up the machine, the Lenovo Bootscreen/password screen is out-centred, so this has nothing to do with software.

Tried different Bios version, without any luck.

In my opinion either the GPU or the display is faulty.

The issue appears randomly, sometimes rebooting helps, and with an external Monitor everything its fine, so i tend to say the internal display/controller is the problem.

Any Suggestions?

THX and greetings !

mappi

Blue Screen Again
stregas

Re: Wrong Detection Of Native Internal Display Resolution On Boot (1280x800 instead of 1024x768)

I have the same problem with my 3000 c200, my friend.

If you find a solution, please, post it here.

Thanks in advance.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mappi

Re: Wrong Detection Of Native Internal Display Resolution On Boot (1280x800 instead of 1024x768)

...the problem is getting worse.

20 starts before the screen is recognized correct,  VGA still works fine.

The problem is so nagging, were going to buy a new laptop.

And guess what:

ITS NOT GOING TO BE A IBM / LENOVO. NOT NOW AND EVER AGAIN!

Not the display issue is the reason, but the lack of support.

I know that it is no Thinkpad, but for the price of this unit, i could have choosen a device from another manufacturer with a lot better specs, but i went for a "lenovo" because I wanted to have may parents a reliable machine with decent build quality,  and with a good support.

What I didn't look at was that warranty of this one was only 1 year (2 years would be standard in germany for non-business customers) didn't check this, ok, my fault.

But: That Lenovo wouldn't even let me contact customer care with a simple question on this problem without charging me like 20€ or so...this is absolutely unacceptable...

What's DOS?
u848237

Mine has today just developed this fault too.  It hasn't correctly configured itself at all today.  As above, have flashed the BIOS and reset to defaults but to no avail.

TBH though I've been pretty happy with this machine.  With 4GB RAM and a Scorpio Black HDD it's runs Win7 well and has reasonable battery life even now.  It's also taken a lot of abuse from my children over the years.

Cheers

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mappi

[Solved]: Wrong Detection Of Native Internal Display Resolution On Boot

Hello,

Since Lenovo has NOT ANSWERED my e-mails,

I did a bit of testing and discovered the reason for this problem:

Try starting the machine using different OPENING ANGLEs of the display.

As it turns out, our Display will be identified always correct when the lid is nearly closed.

I think the reason might be a DEFECTIVE LCD-CABLE/CONNECTION

I am going to take a look at it and will post the result, and whether it is possible to change it "DIY" or not.