Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Jose_Galdos
Accepted Solution

Failed installation of audio driver for Windows XP. Lenovo G560. Driver --> (Conexant Cx20585)

Hello all, first say that my English is very bad.

My sister bought a Lenovo G560 laptop that had Windows 7 operating system. She asked me to change the operating system because she likes most Windows XP.
I installed Windows XP normally. all good, but the audio driver is given on this page does not work. I've searched around the internet and I could not find the driver. According toEverest, the driver is "Conexant Cx20585".
Please, I need your help, I'm going crazy and I did not concentrate on my studies for this.pleaseeee!!

for more information, the error when installing the driver on this page is this:

Failure to install the driver: Could not find the device for this driver

(In Spanish: fallo en la instalación del controlador: No fue posible encontrar el dispositivo para este controlador)

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 351
Solutions: 235

Re: Failed installation of audio driver for Windows XP. Lenovo G560. Driver --> (Conexant Cx20585

[ Edited ]

Hi Jose_Galdos,

That's listed as the Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio.

Seeing as how it's HD sound, I think you'll need to load the Microsoft UAA driver first to get it running under XP.

Is  this the driver that you tried to install?

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
Jose_Galdos

Re: Failed installation of audio driver for Windows XP. Lenovo G560. Driver --> (Conexant Cx20585

[ Edited ]

Hi Dave,

I tried everything you said, however, the error still appears.
most likely, I think, is that the driver has this page is not correct.

please, the driver is Conexant Cx20585 - Intel. for windows xp, of course.

Please, I need to find this driver.This forum is my last chance!. thanks in advance

topmahof

Go into Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs and see if you have Microsoft Net.Framework 3.5.  If you don't have it, get it from Windows Update.  It might be in the optional updates.  

Dave

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
Jose_Galdos

Hi Dave and community.

already installed the net.framework. I rebooted the laptop, and reinstall the audio driverthat you gave me. the error continues ... Any other solution? really, I need to do this, please

topmahof

I'm starting to be stumped with this.

Did the driver download, at least?  In Device Manager, are there unknown devices? 

Expand the unknown device and open the driver tab and update the driver manually.  Don't let Windows automatically install it.  Point the installer to the folder where the driver was downloaded to. 

That's the only driver that I can find for that device. 

Is there anything in the bios that has to do with audio that maybe might need to be turned on?

We're probably missing something simple here.

Dave

Fanfold Paper
Jose_Galdos

Dave, I give you very good news ... it worked!
The bad news is that not how it happened.
1. I installed everything you said (possibly worked for that).
2. the driver that you gave me was correct.
3. I tried to install manually like you said. I tried to install many different drivers.
4. I deleted all the audio drivers I downloaded to install on the laptop.

5. verified that the BIOS options are to "Enable" 
6. before deleting the driver you gave me, I tried to install it again and it worked!

* I do not know exactly what solved the problem but I am very grateful to you.
   rectify me, the driver being is the lenovo page (which you gave me) is correct.
  thank you very much!

"PS: I have been using the google translator, I hope all are able to understand me"

"posdata: he estado usando el traductor google, ójala todos me hallan podido entender"

topmahof

Hi Jose,

Between the two of us, we figured it out.  That's all that matters.

I can understand you just fine.  

It was probably all those other drivers on there that was messing it up, "maybe".

I'm just glad it's working and you can get back to your studies.

Dave