Search instead for 
Do you mean 
topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 239

Re: MSI Reply

Wonderful.

How'd you make out with all those drivers, or is that what you're trying to do now?

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
DrRobinson

DRIVERS AND WHERE TO FROM HERE Reply

Well, I followed what the instructions had to say for uninstalling the drivers too. What should we do now? - 2B
Punch Card
DrRobinson

STILL NOT FIXED Reply

Any updates on this?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny

topmahof

Re: STILL NOT FIXED Reply

Sorry bout that, I must have missed the notification for your last post.

So, are all the drivers gone? 

Do you still show a biometric device in device manager?   Does it still have a driver or is there something with a yellow tag on it and says something like other device?

Dave

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
DrRobinson

CONTAMINATED Reply

Well, I followed all the instructions exactly, but it still manages to find a driver to install it from somewhere. It's impossible to uninstall, and the half installed-half uninstalled AuthenTec TrueSuite is still here. Wow, I thought I kept a pretty clean system - who knew that Fingerprint scanner drivers and software could gum up the computer so much. I really don't want to clean install, is there anything we can do? - 2B
topmahof

Re: CONTAMINATED Reply

Wow, it's imbedded in there like AV software.  Some of those are fun to get out too.

We tried about everything that I can think of.  The only thing I can think of is if you have a system restore point before all those suites and drivers got installed, you could get the system back to where there's just the one suite and one driver.

Then you might be able to use the HP instructions to get it out of there.

Dave

Punch Card
DrRobinson

WRECKED Reply

Those have been in there for quite a while, and a system restore would do more harm than good in that case I'm afraid. Do you think I should try the SevenForums site? - 2B
topmahof

Re: WRECKED Reply

You could try, but I think no matter where you go, they are going to tell you to reinstall Windows.

I've seen a few of the Gurus here recommend this, http://pcdecrapifier.com/ to get rid of unwanted junk.  It wouldn't hurt to try it.

You can also run CCleaner's registry cleaner and see how many registry errors it comes up with.  A word of warning on that though.  Running a registry cleaner "could" make Windows not boot.  But, you could go down the list of registry errors and see if any of them have to do with the reader and manually get rid of them, or take a chance and run the cleaner and get rid of all of them. If you do that, back up the registry with the cleaner.

Dave 

Punch Card
DrRobinson

STUCK SOFTWARE Reply

Unfortunately, Decrapifier just tries to run the uninstaller and fails as well. Is there anything else you can think of that I might be able to do? - 2B
topmahof

Re: STUCK SOFTWARE Reply

Well, you could run CCleaner's registry cleaner and see how many registry errors it comes up with.

Unless you already did that.

Dave