Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
DrRobinson

CCLEANER Reply

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I probably forgot to mention that I had actually already tried that. Is there anything else I could try?

UPDATE: Tried Revo Uninstaller as suggested on another board and have been successful - what should we do next to install this thing right?

- 2B

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Re: CCLEANER Reply

Wow, wonders never cease.  Revo Uninstaller, huh?  I'll have to remember that one.

Well, like I said waaay back at the beginning of this, I just let Windows install its own driver through Windows update. 

There should be a way in your bios to disable or turn off the reader.  I'd reboot to the bios, turn it off and go into Windows. Then reboot again and enable it in the bios and then go into Windows.  That should let Windows see it as new hardware and install a new driver for it.  It might not do it the first time you reboot.  You don't have to turn the reader on and off in the bios every time, just that first time.  Check Windows optional updates when you reboot just in case Windows doesn't discover it.

Back at the beginning of this is my version of the driver and instructions on how to configure the reader once Windows installs its driver.

Hopefully, the end of this is close for you.

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
DrRobinson

FIXED FOR REAL? Reply

(Sorry, quote feature still not working) Well, after a few reboots, the TrueSuite thing "came back". After an "accident" recently though, I now am running a clean install of Windows 7, so we can troubleshoot this from the top. I just recapped the last few years in this thread, and so now, with a new install I should just download the thing from the lenovo support page for the N200 and install? Thanks. - 2B/DR
Fanfold Paper
Pratzal

Re: Fingerprint Scanner on Resume from Standby

If resuming from a stand-by, you get the status of the scanner as "device suspended", then do one thing. Click on the screen anywhere, just random click. and check, the scanner will resume.

Punch Card
DrRobinson

UPDATE Reply

All right, I ran the Lenovo installer for 64Bit Windows and also installed the driver. It lets me put fingerprints into its database, but I can't figure out how to activate it in Windows for using it to log on to my account. Last time, I swear there was a "biometric" settings thing in the control panel, but that is not the case this time. - DR/2B
topmahof

Re: UPDATE Reply

Hi DR/2B,

It's on in the bios, right?  You're right, there should be an icon in Control Panel labeled biometric device. 

How about in Device Manager? Is there a biometric device listed in there?

It sounds like something is missing?

Dave 

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
DrRobinson

DEVICE MANAGER Reply

Correct. It shows up under Biometric Devices in the device manager, but there is no section for it now in the control panel. I'm still using the default driver that the installer gave me, should I try using the one from Windows Update? Thanks. 2 Bunny (DoctorRobinson)
topmahof

Re: DEVICE MANAGER Reply

That's where I got mine from.  Waay back at the beginning of this is the version I got from Windows update.  See if it gives you the same.

Dave

Punch Card
DrRobinson

FIXED Reply

Oh Nelly, it worked! Windows Update grabbed a massive driver file which it then proceeded to install and also install AuthenTec TrueSuite again, only this time it installed completely and correctly. My computer now lets me cold boot, resume from hibernate, and resume from standby with a fingerprint for the first time since I've owned it. Thanks so to much everyone for your support. After two long years of troubleshooting, my Lenovo is finally fully functional with Windows 7 64Bit. ::smileyvery-happy:octor Robinson AKA 2 Bunny (for the record, the "quote" feature of this forum board still doesn't work)
topmahof

Re: FIXED Reply

I'm glad to see that it finally worked.

Happy computing!

Dave