Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
spreddy

G460 does not wakeup from sleep mode. Also, when asked to restart it won't restart automatically.

Hi,

i have a 5-month old lenovo G460 with W7 64-bit OS.

since a couple of weeks my laptop is having some issues.

it won't wakeup from sleep model, i have to shutdown and restart by pressing the power button. Also,

when i click on the restart button on start menu, it shuts down , but won't restart, again i ahve press the power button.

i searched the web and this forum for similar kind of issue and tried all the solutions, but i still have the problem.

i tried the following

1. downloaded the bios (followed steps on lenovo support website).

2. downloaded power management

3. system recovery (one month)

4. unchecked the power option on wireless

Please let me know if there are any other solutions. I called the lenovo support and they say it is software issue and not a hardware issue. this is so frustating.

Please help me.

thank you all in advance.

regards,

-SPReddy

Paper Tape
spreddy

Re: G460 does not wakeup from sleep mode. Also, when asked to restart it won't restart automatically

No one has a solution for this? please help.

thanks

-spreddy

IPnaSh
Kudos: 366
Solutions: 125

Re: G460 does not wakeup from sleep mode. Also, when asked to restart it won't restart automatically

So, you had updated to latest BIOS version? Did you load default settings inside BIOS setup?

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Paper Tape
spreddy

Yes, I did. One more thing I found out  was that there was no power management tab under key board properties, and under mouse properties.

I am not sure if the computer is going to sleep when I close the lid, because i can still hear the fan sound.Under the power management options when i close the lid it is set to sleep.

i am totally confused.

Please help!

thanks.

IPnaSh

Is your Windows come presintalled? Is the Lenovo ACPI driver installed? Any "!" device marked in device manager?

IPnaSh

Lenovo
Paper Tape
spreddy

yes, it came with w7 home premium but i upgraded it to win7 enterprise. There is nothing with "!" in device manager.

sorry, what is lenovo acpi driver?

IPnaSh

Sometimes appears an "unknown device" that is Lenovo ACPI driver. But, if you have Windows preinstalled, so forget about it.

I think you must to download latest drivers from Lenovo's website, then uninstall your current drivers and then install the new one. Also uninstall any power managment application (to reinstall later, after finishing with drivers). The first driver to install is "Chipset drivers". Then, the rest.

IPnaSh

Lenovo
Paper Tape
spreddy

I tried re-installing the drivers, it didn't work. I am sending it to the service center.

thanks for your help.

What's DOS?
asn-eg

I found a solution to this problem for Windows 7 ultimate x64

1) Install the latest Bios

2) Use a licensed windows (not using activators such as BIOS)

3) Install all the updates windows 7 x64

4) install the video driver Version: 260.99_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql.exe

5) Use the Lenovo Power Manager. - Not necessarily.

Good luck, I did. Looking for a solution for two days.